Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Color Challenge: Week Four - Plum

I have to admit, the almost immediate jump to unusual colors makes me giggle.

It's week four, and the color is PLUM!. I literally came across this dress when a friend dragged me to one of the stores he likes and the color jumped off the wall at me. I bought it immediately, planning to use it for This Very Challenge.

Arabesque

The location is The Lost Gardens of Apollo, a place shown to me by former friends I'd fallen out of touch with. I'd kept meaning to use it as a place to take pictures (and honestly I likely will again in the future - it was really a lovely spot), so when I went through my old landmarks I gave it a try!

I even got chatted up a little there.

I ended up with a softer, pinker shade of plum - guided by the color on Luna's blog post and the dress I found. I worried continuously it was a little too pink, but I ended up loving the colors so much that I went with it. This is closer to the flower color of plum than anything found on a fruit - though I adore the fruits, too. The gold is reminiscent of the flesh of the plum, too, I think! Plum and god, dancing all across the garden.

Credits:

Eyes: Miriel, Standard Eyes, Light Blue
Skin: MVS, Xtreme Reality - Marie Plum Baroque
Hair: Raspberry Aristocrat, Berry Sassy - recolored more plum
Dress: RC, Knitted Lace One Piece, Pink
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Heels - recolored more plum

Pose: Elisa, Giselle3

Light Settings - [EUPHORIA] Plum Sunset
Location: The Lost Gardens of Apollo

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment