Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fashion For Life: Bourke White

Bourke White's clothing style is well out of my norm, but the built itself is lovely. A cityscape, like Irving Penn, Bourke is more of a melding of the curvaceous and the angular. The buildings are blocky, as buildings have to be, but the wrought iron embellishments are curved. On one side of the road, Celtic Knot style decorations are on the walls, and the window guards have a gorgeous natural bend to them. On the other side, stone styled arch windows are occasionally guarded by Roman style columns.

The contrast between different styles continues in the light sources, which all look wrought iron and spiraling, and the textured stone of the walkways with their curved road inset. Within the cutout the stone is brick-like and angular; outside of it, on the "sidewalks" it is rounded. It's a build that could only show up on Second Life, where it's a matter of attaching a texture and no longer about cutting stone and putting it in place. The wave is mimicked on the walls here and there as well, tying everything together.

Gifts on the Balcony


Tall towers and differing heights of buildings make Bourke White truly seem real in a tangible way, too, as well as provide for wonderful photo opportunities. I particularly liked how high I could get, and the amazing building facade along the edges, interspersed with adorable little parks. Once again, contrasting white and medium gray make everything seem variable, and yet harmonious, even as the styles shift to an almost nautical theme on the towers.

Like in previous sims, the clothing is all of a theme. If I were to come up with a name for the style here, it would be modern sexy - with a focus on showing skin and wearing very little or being sort of comfortably casual in a modern, simple way. Not really my style, but likely the style of a lot of Second Life, judging by the Fashion Feeds. This was the first sim where I didn't find much I liked, but I did pick up one free outfit to show - definitely not my usual style - and this latex number that may or may not ever see the light of day again.

Above the City Line


This was a free gift from A&k, called Spank Me. I can't say it's something I would have picked up on my own, but the outfit is well made and I would imagine it might make a stir in a club, revealing just about everything without being entirely naked. The straps over the shoulder are pretty fun, though, and the pushed up nature of the shirt... well, lets just say it looks like I've had fun recently, and leave it at that.


Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Charlie - Cream (Phoenix) (with blond brow tattoo)
Dress: A&k, Spank Me
Shoes: Favole, Possession
Pose: doll., Faerie 07


Nice View from the Rear

The skin, from Kira, is darker than my usual choice but I love the cosmetics around the eyes - green and spiky with dark eyeliner - almost catlike. They go very well with the pink, blushing cheeks and the almost nude lips.

Wrap Me Up, a fun wrapped latex outfit from Vanilla Pleasures, was a total whim purchase. I was struggling to find things I wanted to purchase, and I find the idea of being all wrapped up like a present entertaining. When I put it on, I was pleasantly surprised by how much it covered, and how well the ribbon additions add to the textured latex. There are several bows to undo, and they can actually be clicked on and removed by others - which could make for a fun scenario with the right people. Chances are it will languish in the depths of my inventory, but at least now I know I can wrap myself up like a gift.

Credits:
Skin: Style by Kira, Willow Skin - Fantasy 01J
Outfit: Vanilla Pleasures, Wrap Me Up - Purple
Rose: Nova, RFL Purple Rose
Shoes: Elikatira, Move Pumps - Near Black
Pose: EverGlow, Pose 6


( More Pictures here. )

Credits for all pictures:
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy (tarnished)
Hair: Calico Ingmann Creatons, Sandira II - Mocha Midnight
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings - tinted black

Location: Fashion For Life - Bourke White: sponsered by Elikatira
Light Settings: [TOR} Eurphoria - Natural High

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment