Monday, March 21, 2011

Fashion For Life: Stieglitz

Stieglitz is a Gothic Wonderland. The building RFyre's store was put into is an amazing tower of gargoyles and spiky towers. Simply gorgeous. I'm not sure pictures can convey the true majesty of the building itself, stabbing into the sky screeching for God's attention. The walls are huge and dark brick, heavily gray.

A black and white color scheme really suits the Gothic Style, and the creator here has done a fantastic job adding in quiet hidden spaces with trees, and long row houses for the other stores. Hidden behind the trees are darkly deciduous trees on darker ground. I love the big, chunky walls cutting in between civilized park and wild hidden wilderness.

Narrow Alleys


I found it a challenge to take pictures in, though, simply because of the scale. A little me disappears next to most of the decorations, and finding small gorgeous spots seemed harder here - perhaps due to how partitioned off everything was, with the large, overpowering dominance of stone. The view is amazing, though, and I found myself lingering up high to watch from one sim into the next - amazing mixes of style which simply don't exist anywhere else.

I found myself struck with seeing one sim over another here, a sort of looking back over landscape photography which strikes me as a true tribute to the magpie natures of most goths I know - not the ancient tribes, but the modern people in black and white.

Just Call Me Wendy


The long views over the sims, taking in the builds of several sims, are simply breathtaking. I may end up doing a post just of them, or you can check them out here without commentary. Having the common theme of color allowed for incredibly variety to exist side by side smoothly, flowing form one to the next carried on a layer of tone.

I must admit, I have a serious soft spot for the Gothic style of Stieglitz, enjoying the sharp piercings into the sky and how the dark heaviness of the architecture caught and captured the imagination. Its the kind of sim where I can imagine a dark, brooding hero catching me up in his arms so we can have a disastrous love affair which will end with one, or both of us, dead.

Haunted House


I love Kouse's Sanctum, so I knew going in exactly what I was going to buy - her gown in purple and a glorious jewelry accompaniment. I love the dual layers - a petal like waist attachment (it must be spring, all the creators are making flower themed clothing) and the longer gown with roses around the waist. The jewelry comes with additional earrings and the crown in different places, one centered and the other offset on the other side. My only complaint is that it's not modify-ok. I understand using resizers to try to protect from copybotting, but when one is in a sim that doesn't allow scripts it can be very frustrating.

Credits:
Dress: Kouse's Sanctum, Faith Gown - Relay
Jewelry: Kouse Sanctum, Lilly Jewelry Set - Relay
Shoes: G Field, Bow Strap Shoes "Kate" - purple
Pose: Morgane Batista Poses, Katharini Pose


Doll Surprised



Credits:
Outfit: Caverna Obscura, Djinnie White
Shoes: Grim Brothers, Vie En Rose
Pose: Long Awkward Pose, Fantasy - Dolly


( See more pictures here. )

Credits for all the pictures:

Skin: De La Soul, Charlie Cream - Phoenix (with blond brows)
Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ear - Fairy (tarnished)
Hair: Miriel, Artist Hair - Wheat
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings - tinted to match

Location: Fashion For Life - Stieglitz: sponsered by House of RFyre
Light Settings: [TOR} Eurphoria - Natural High

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment