Friday, April 8, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Twenty-two - Banana Mania

Some weeks I bite off more than enough.

This week, Banana Mania Week almost perfectly coincides with the Fantasy Faire, which is the first time I've ever been an "official" blogger for anything. So of course I've been running around with entirely too much energy, trying to snap pictures of everything before it pops like a soap bubble.

It only seemed right, then, to take pictures in my gorgeous Hal Hina banana yellow dress at Fantastical and Magical (soon to be closed!) one of the sims associated with the Fantasy Faire and a wonderland of candy treats and whimsical surprises. It also killed two birds with one stone! Yay efficiency!

Unfortunately, due to moving on to another sim for taking photographs, I deleted all of my data on the poses in these pictures, but I think I got a bunch of them at the recent Pose Faire.


Hiding Behind Moving Mists


One of the things I'm increasingly struck by as I explored the sadly transient Fantasy Faire is how amazing and awe inspiring the creativity is on Second Life. Even though the sims would be here for only a little over a week, such care and attention to detail was put into them that my pictures only show the faintest echo of the total joy found in exploring them firsthand.

I'm sure there's things I've missed. Trying to cover nine sims in as many days while also trying to catch up at work hampers greatly my ability to catch every detail and nuance, find every beautiful nook and cranny, and truly do these sims justice in representing them. I have been grinning wildly as I explored, as I hunted down the totems in the Forest of Shadows, and today when the Enchanted Mysts quest sent me around to each sim I ended up walking, just to enjoy the view (and lag everyone else with my extravagant clothing).



Making a Leap


I love the bright cheerfulness of this color next to the sweet joy of Fantastical and Magical. Like any sweet, the urge to gobble it up whole is enormous.

My understanding is that the entire sim build will be auctioned off at the end of the Fantasy Faire. Lucky is the person who wins it!

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Eyes: Tacky Soul, Pride
Skin: Adam n Eve, Astrelle Fae (light brows) with Hatsup Eye Tattoo
Hair: Majika, Bean - Blonde
Wings: Fancy Fairy: Azarelle Iridescent Wings
Jewelry: G Field, Peart Set "Blossom" - white
Dress: Hal*Hina, Flower:mini dress [cream yellow]
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Heels - cream

Location: Fantastical and Magical
Light Settings: Nam's Optimal Skin 2

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment