Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fantasy Faire: Adam n Eve - Outfit, Skin, and Cosmetics

4/3/11: I had the great pleasure of talking to Sachi after this post and she generously put together and sent me the blond brows for the Astrelle Fae skin. She's also added them to the sale boxes! I was totally overwhelmed by the customer service!

I have to admit, this next set I'm reviewing came completely by surprise. I logged in, not thinking I'd have much more to review since two of my three stores came through with such lovely things, only to find in my inventory this charming folder full of things I had, in at least one case, already quite fell in love with.

As friends would attest, I squee-ed into their IMs. See, I already had a notecard for the eye makeup from Adam n Eve, and it was on my "to buy" list, depending on the price as I must admit I'm rather tight this month (last month's reviews of Fashion for Life quite emptied my pockets!).

To find one of those very same eye make-ups in my inventory was therefore an unparalleled delight!

Squeeable Eye Makeup
Pose Facial Closeup: Glitterati, 027


*flails at you all, squeeing incoherently* Isn't it amazing? Flowers! Around my eyes! All viney and... flowery and .... *flails incoherently*

Anyway, I will try to be all professional and not squee too much. Please forgive the occasional burble of glee, but in addition to this giving me something I, joy of joys, already wanted - it's also my first out of the blue request for a review! Well, sort of out of the blue, since I'm a official blogger for the Fantasy Faire, but *flails incoherently* Such bliss!

Cosmetics
Pose Facial Closeup: Glitterati, 027


In addition to cosmetics *burble* that shiny little folder also included a lovely outfit with two skirts, and a skin to wear under the cosmetics *squeak*. The skin, Astrelle Fae, comes with a cleavage and no cleavage version. My one whine, and it is a very little one, is I wish there were multiple brows - though I understand the upload and set-up associations with multiple brows is a pain. Once my browser is set up for multiple layers I'll try to layer a set of blond brows I have over, see if it works out.

I could easily wear the skin without a single tweak to my shape - which can't be said about all skins! The lips are charming, with just a little shadow at the corners of the mouth. The nose is rather more ...noseish than I'm used to, but I have to admit the clear nostril marks grew on me as I wore it. The skin comes very naked in tone, both eyes and mouth, with just the faintest liner around the former and a faintly pink lipstick on the latter. As you can see above, it was dressed up by all of the cosmetics charmingly.

Nails and Cleavage
Pose Mirrored: Glitterati, 050
Pose Hand and Feet Close-up: Glitterati, 024


Here you can see the cleavage versus no cleavage versions, along with close ups of the nail polish. I'm afraid neither the toes nor the fingernails really quite look right, but that's not the fault of anyone on Second Life making nails! I love the soft pink color there, though; it's delicately feminine.

In terms of cleavage, I definitely lean toward more in this skin, which isn't always the case! I love how soft the shadows are, though, and how smooth and clear the skin is. The only struggle I had was matching my ears in; the shade of pinkish white was unique, and I ended up compensating as best I could with the color hud of the ears, but I'm afraid the color difference stands out here and there.

Skirt 2
Pose Front: Glitterati, 86
Pose Back: Glitterati, 88
Close ups Pose: Glitterati, 007


Skirt 1
Pose Front: Glitterati, 045
Pose Back: Glitterati, 047
Close ups Pose: Glitterati, 007


The included dress comes with shoulder guards and wrist guards, shown up close above (yes, it's the same in both pictures. Shush.). The skirt comes in two varieties with the same belt design, one a long silks style with an angled end and the other a series of shorter flaps flaring out in front and back.

The first is quite elegant and required only a little fitting (yay modify-ok clothing!!) - like with many silks, my butt had a tendency to stick out; all I needed to do was a little angling of the back flap, though, and va-va-va-voom! I also shortened both front and back, since I'm but an ickle fae, but it was quite easy as well.

The second required no fitting at all; I simply put it on, moved it forward a little, and I was set for the photo-studio! It gives it quite the feel of a Warrior Princess; all I need is a circular blade and I can go across Second Life, righting wrongs and trying to redeem myself for the crimes I caused before I became good!

( All pictures can be seen here. )

Credits:

Eyes: Tacky Star, Pride
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Fairy Ears
Hair: Truth, Orchid - driftwood
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings - tinted red

Featured Items from Adam n Eve:
Skin: Astrelle Fae (with and without boobs)
Manicure & Pedicure: Blushed
Cosmetics: Eye Tattoo - Forest Deity, Fae Titania, Hepsut, and Mystic
Clothing: Morgan - Red (short and long skirts)

Long Skirt:
Pose Front: Glitterati, 045
Pose Back: Glitterati, 047

Short Skirt:
Pose Front: Glitterati, 86
Pose Back: Glitterati, 88

Close ups Pose: Glitterati, 007

Pose Mirrored: Glitterati, 050

Pose Hand and Feet Close-up: Glitterati, 024

Pose Facial Closeup: Glitterati, 027


Main Store: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Genesis/210/74/44
At the Fantasy Faire: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Forest%20of%20Light/103/21/21
Light Settings: Nam's Optimal Skin 2

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment