Friday, April 8, 2011

Fantasy Faire: Forest of Shadows

The Forest of Shadows is, as it sounds, a shadowy place! Woo~oo~ooo~!! I was slipping along, all styling in my skimpy black gear, when I stumbled across Forsaken's shop! With lava! Yay lava! And lots of rocks, and shiny things - and what is this!!! Bullets with butterflies!

I'm getting a sense of deja vu... are you?


Forsaken


These are, of course, Forsaken's awesome bracelet offerings for the Fantasy Faire! His boots are there, too, but I simply had to get a shot inside his store. Like a lot of developers, he made a little world inside his store and this is one which lives up to it's name - forsaken!


D..d...d...do you see a ghost?


Outside of that store, the forest itself is creepy and imposing, with large trees festooned with vines, and glowing crystals and lichen the only thing which lights the way. Eyes stare out at you from shadowy corners, and here and there ghosts lurk, waiting for you to drop your guard. There were also these pillars with hands on them - which confused me at first until I realized they were part of an awesome hunt; the prize is a full Satyr outfit, so hurry over and find some glowing pillars!

The management is not liable for any side effects of touching things that glow in shadowy places.


Praying for Release


Or any problems with stepping inside of a cage and getting a little singed.

A lot singed.

Let me out!!!!

please...?


Smoke and Fire


There are these little smoking creatures all over, too - hiding inside of rocks and ...well... smoking.

I have no idea what they are, but they are somehow both cute and creepy? And they hide all over the place - lurking and waiting for you to lower your guard.The textures match the mushroom caps nearby and they're like these little spots of white on the dark gloom of the ground. The water - I used the Valdez setting - could be brighter, but I think the darkness suits the sim in general.


Who's There?
Pose: Hopscotch, Who's there 1


Dotted in among the imposing trunks and creepy denizens are these adorable little homes, complete with beds, chairs - enough for a person to just move in and start living there! I had a dream for a few minutes of just moving in and living there!

Then something scary in the shadows came over and I thought I might want to get my lantern and hurry away to a place with doors!


Around a Corner


Hurrying away I turned a corner and.... !!! The entire chamber was filled with these amazing blue crystals interspersed with the wonderful mushrooms which grow all over the sim. There's even some little, secret paths back through the crystals to surprises. I love the startlement of it, the turning of the corner into an entirely different world.


Roses for the Dead
Pose: Alchemy Immortalis, French Boudoir 1910 Col 2 Stand 1


I should say a few words about this awesome outfit from Falln Angel Creations, the Tallimare Outfit - Shadow version. I'm wearing a low-lag version of it, without any prims but the gloves and the hood to cover my bare head. It was an extremely low-prim wandering option, and I had a ball pretending I was Dark Deo the Assassin of the Forest of Shadows!


Waterfront


Near the top of the sim, difficult to get to but well worth it, is a tuny town with a glorious crytal-decorated circle in it. I flew, being a faerie, but you can probably hop your way up, too!

( More pictures here, more added regularly. )

Credits:

Eyes: Tacky Soul, Pride
Skin: Adam n Eve, Astrelle Fae (light brows) with Eye Tattoo Hepsut (Fantasy Faire Donation Items)
Wings: Illusions, Chibi Demon Wings
Clothing: Falln Angel Creations, Tallimare Outfit
Shoes: G Field, Rose Bootie "Diva"

Location: Forest of Shadows
Light Settings: Nam's Optimal Skin 2
Water Settings: [TOR] Valdez

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment