Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Thirty-two - Jade

I'm dragging behind on Jade Week again, though this time more due to the post than the pictures. I did a completely epic and long (and apparently unfinishable) post on Blue Blood that two took days to pull together! And then I rested for a little while.

I love the color jade, though, and the gemstone. It's always a little cool, often a little creamy, and a lovely color that hovers in the blue-green range. I own a jade plant, and it's sitting by my front door right now enjoying the last sun of the day.


Reclining
Pose: Alchemy Immortalis, Windflowers


What I was going to wear was never really in question. DV8 releases set colors as freebies and cheapies out of each of their designs, and Jade is a longstanding member of that category. I don't often wear my DV8 clothing; it tends to be on the brief side and I'm not always inclined to show a lot of skin. It's so well made, though, that it remains in my inventory, waiting for appropriate times to come out and show off. Danse Macabre and the Bitchboots are both old releases that have hidden in my inventory for a long time. My alt actually walks around in a red version of Danse Macabre, but Deoridhe rarely puts hers on. I love the included neckpiece, though, and the included gloves are both stylish and fun.

I really need to express my glee in DV8's boots, though, which come modify-ok. I know creators are twitchy about making their clothing mod-ok, but it meant I could take these pre-alpha layer boots and make them post-alpha-layer with no great effort. A lot of my older shoes are on the precipice of my trash due to being unmoddable with integrated invisiprims, and I'm glad that wasn't the case with DV8 since these boots are incredibly hot. I'm glad these can be updated to new Second Life technology instead of being relegated in the trash bin.


Shadows and Light
Pose: Alchemy Immortalis, The Enchanted Garden


I really felt like I needed something on my head in addition to this gorgeous Truth Kalia hair in driftwood - and I ended up pulling out something I hadn't really tried on since I got it, a tintable Wreath of Flowers from Evie's Closet. I adore the hud which came along with it; when you click on it, you get to pick from a rainbow of color, but then you get to SUB-pick from different hues,a nd further sub-pick from different levels of grayed out. I was totally impressed by it, and it's going to be a regular thing I wear from now on, being tintable to match just about anything.

The Kalia hair from Truth is another place where I can be gleeful about modify-ok prims. I have big, gorgeous Illusions ears that often are a trial with hairstyles, being placed right so that hair goes through them unnaturally. In this case, one side was perfect, but the other was a little off - very unnatural. I ended up being able to select a single prim, stretch it just a hair, and suddenly had the perfect hairstyle for my ears. You can actually see it in the above picture, curling over the ear as if a lock of hair had just slipped down over my ear.


A Moment of Rest
Pose: pda, Beast of Burden


The necklace from Earthstones is a recent release, one of her Trees of Life. I ended up picking up all four, unable to resist a tree! I'm wearing them to match the seasons, and they're actually an accessory worn by my In Character Faerie, who shifts with the seasons to wear each tree. I love the long, low hang, though - and they're awesome to pair with other necklaces, giving a natural, layered effect. We could have never done this before multiple prims could be attached to one point, unless both were modify-ok and you did some impromptu editing (which I have done!).

My skin is Charlie's Cream color in Sparkle, from De La Soul. I love how it pales out in this windlight, looking almost supernatural. My wings are my favorite from Fancy Fairy, which I received several complements on this week. Interestingly, one comment included wondering about them because the person had never seen them in the store - what had confused her was that I tinted them different colors, which makes them really seem different depending on my outfit, and yet match my outfits beautifully.


Arching
Pose: pda, Some Girls


I ended up in the Milvus sim, which was a beautiful local but introduced me to the first problem with my PoseAnywhere Pose HUD system from E2 Designs. I didn't think to see if I could engage it off sim and use it on, but since the sim was set to no-scrips I couldn't use my pose system at all. I did have a folder of copy-only poses, though, which I ended up using (copy-only poses don't go into the PoseAnywhere hud). This is the first hitch I've hit with this new pose system; otherwise it's been awesome - especially the random shifting between poses. I've taken to using it for each picture, letting my avatar shift through different poses until I find the perfect one. Although dividing my poses by store and by type of pose, I've largely used them by store-brand, which you can no doubt tell in my photoshoots - one store representing all of the poses. It simplifies things quite a deal, honestly.

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Skin: De La Soul, Charlie - Cream Sparkle
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Iridescent
Hair: Truth, Kalia - driftwood
Wreath: Evie's Closet, Wreath of Flowers
Necklace: Earthstones, Tree of Life - Summer
Dress: DV8, Danse Macabre - Jade
Boots: DV8, Morrhigan Bicthboots - Jade

Location: Milvus
Light Settings: [TOR] SCIFI - Metal Gear Solid
Water Settings: [TOR] Atomist

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos every week... this week they seem kind of melancholy... You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Sorry I missed your reply. It was a little melancholy, I think. Or thoughtful. I was surprised how exhausting the Blue Blood post was - I think I need to rethink some of my choices with blogging!

    ReplyDelete