Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bubblegum Weekend

Too Cute to Kill


You're going to see a lot more of this dress - I'm just warning you now. I really, really like it; I described it to the creator, katat0nik, as 'cutely slutty' and she laughed and said that was about what she was going for - as well as the kind of thing you'd throw on when the temperatures are in the triple digits Fahrenheit and your practically melting with sweat. I'm wearing the hair from Tribal Soul Designs again, this time in purple for Bubblegum Weekend.

I love the idea of switching things up by wearing brightly colored hair. One thing I've found through the color challenge in particular is that it's helped me improvise and try things I might not otherwise try - often things I end up liking (though not always!). The Bubblegum challenge is a similar sort of thing, pushing me to open up my hair folder and pick through for the things which are more unusual than my usual blondish. I identify very strongly as a blond - even more than I identify as someone with blue eyes - so switching that up can be a needed shock to the system.


Fish!


As you can see from the close-up, I don't actually have blue eyes in Second Life, but that's because I did one better and have rainbow eyes. If I could have rainbow eyes offline I'd do it in a second, and I'm totally chuffed (I've been watching a lot of Brit TV, shuddap) that I have a bunch of rainbow eyed horses to breed together and make a small army. Yup, I'm one of those horrid breeding animals people; I have meeroos, too - but none have shown up with rainbow eyes (yet). I mostly consider it a hobby instead of a money making venture, but I am starting to sell some of my rainbow eyed girls because, well, I have a few!

I've been considering, given the breedable hate on in the blog-o-sphere which is only matched by the breedable love, doing a breedable post. Honestly, though, unless it comes up in a set of pictures I doubt I shall. I might do some examples of how I and the others I'm with are setting out our breedables, though - the whole "how do you organize" question is fascinating to me, especially since the meeroos prompted me to break out the Excel program and make up some records for tracking things. I've never been one for tracking spending much, so I was rather amused as I wrote down how much I was selling things for and moving things from page to page as they went form "for sale" to "sold." It makes me wonder if one of the side effects of meeroos will be to teach me some basic accounting skills!


Air Explorers


The sim I'm at is Haven of Rogues and Mer Sanctuary, and it's an absolutely gorgeous sim, as you can see, above and below the surface. Be careful where you step and what yo sit on - some of the effects are... startling, to say the least! And you can be killed, which sends you home, so it's not the end of the world. I recommend avoiding treasure chests! The one time I got killed, I got curious about a treasure chest. The texturing is gorgeous, though, and the color combinations can be really fun! I particularly liked the animal-rezzers; I found one full of jellyfish, and another full of fish, and they really added to the life under the sea.

The sims (there are several - I've just scratched the surface!) are a little intimidating, though! The rules are extensive, and largely involve not being a child (I was nervous running into people because I've been mistaken for a child despite... well... I really don't LOOK like a child, surely?), not covering your nipples if you're a mermaid, and not pissing off the owner. I don't usually seem to piss people off, but I have to admit that after reading the rules I spend my entire time worrying that I would, despite never meeting him! I kept a weather eye on my radar; I suppose when I go back to explore some more I can do the same and just run and hide!

I had a very strange interaction with someone at the sim, though - a merman who swam up to me. One of the rules (eee!!!) is to respond to people, so I said hi! He swam off... which baffled me a little, only to swim back when I had moved to say... something about looking in the depths? Or... following him? He didn't wait for my answer, though, so I figured I was good to continue doing what I was doing - which was snapping pictures! I hope I didn't break the rules! Ohnoez!


Tanked


It reminded me strongly of one of my objections within roleplaying, though, one which has been driving me away from wanting to roleplay - so many people seem less interested in roleplaying with me, and more interested in roleplaying at me; frequently people simply don't bother to respond to what I do, or if they do it's sort of incidental unless if merges perfectly with whatever plot they have in mind. I literally met someone ICly who gave me the entire history of his character (I didn't ask) including details he didn't say in character in a bleeding notecard! Then he called forth a demon inside of him, and acted like I was strange for... being afraid of him!

I wonder sometimes if there are people who relate to others less as individuals to form relationships with, and more as NPCs in the back of their very important story - who then become less than happy when the NPCs turn out to have reactions outside of the script.

But honestly... I'm not your NPC.

( More pictures here! )

Credits:

Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Skin: De La Soul, Charlie - Sparkle
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Iridescent
Hair: Tribal Soul Designs, Kage - Purple
Dress: Katat0nik, Ruff Haus - candy yellow
Shoes: Katat0nik, Kita Mary Jane - candy purple

Pose: Glitterati, 006

Location: Haven of Rogues and Mer Sanctuary
Light Settings: [TOR] EPHORIA hello gaia
Water Settings: [TOR] Chivandria clair

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment