Sunday, August 7, 2011

Color Challenge: Week Forty - Apricot

Apricot week was rather difficult for me because most of my apricot was more orange or brown! I ended up settling on peach instead (it's a similar fruit!), swinging around to one of my favorite stores of all time, Blue Blood. A while ago, Ghanima started making whitegoth styled clothing as well as standard gothic clothing, and it's really been a wonderful way to extend my Classic and Sweet Lolita styling.

Glimmer

This dress also comes with a black checked vest and skirts to match, but I liked the paler color for this challenge. The delicate ribbing is very sweet and adds some texture to it. I paired it with G Field shoes; the square toe and simple band is meant to carry over the simplicity of the dress. The outfit was rounded out with a set of pearls from Wretched Dollies that I simply couldn't resist (someday I will return and buy them ALL!).

I went with simple cosmetics to match - eyes a combination of two Adam n Eve designs, a peachy blush that I thought suited, and a very dark lipstick from Rue. It's a little dark for Sweet Lolita, but then I'm not your average Sweet Lolita! The hair is a Hair Faire purchase from Raspberry Aristocrat, and they may be on my list as a new store to check out semi-regularly. I love the bits of hair flying loose, which makes the whole style look casual and natural.

Pearl Necklace

I've really been grateful for my friends this week - complementing me, teasing me, listening to me whimper and complain, worrying about me, and giving me advice. When things are hardest in my life, they always seem to be there to cheer me up and make me feel like I'm a valuable person. It encourages me to take care of myself - something I'm not always the best at. Indulging myself, yes. Taking care of myself... not so much.

Unicorn Herd

I don't know if all the exploring and picture taking counts as taking care of, though. it's definitely distracting. When I'm cursing shattered unicorn horns for being so hard to find, I'm distracted from the pains in my life. When I'm impatiently waiting for my auction spot to go, to see how much I'll make, I'm distracted from the pains of my life. when I'm trying on new clothes, or sorting my inventory, there isn't room in my mind to fret over the many things I could fret over.

Owlishly


( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Kei Cream
Eyes: Adam n Eve, Winter Garden and Hepsut
Cheeks: Honey Kitty, X'mas Cheeks 3
Lips: Rue, Cold Kiss
Ears: Illusion, Mystic Ear
Hair: Raspberry Aristocrat, Jane Hair - Blond Honey
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings 

Necklace: Wretches Dollies, Pearls & Diamonds
Dress: Blue Blood, Piper - Peach
Shoes: G Field, Square-toe Shoes "Sophie" - white

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Enchanted
Light Settings: TOR, MIDDAY Why So Blue 1
Water Settings: TOR, Atomist

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment