Monday, November 28, 2011

katat0nik Twins

Pair of Trouble

katat0nik is in the process of kicking my butt with her releases - so often, and so fantastic! I still have a dolly avatar pairing in the wings, but when I saw she did rainbows! Rainbows! My absolute favorite rainbows! Well, something in me snapped and I promptly outfitted both mes with different shades of her fantastic release. Deoridhe Quandry, my main, is in the black version, and Deoridhe Starr, my original abandoned avatar, is in the pink version. Both of the dresses, an additional purple version, the shoes, and a rainbow tattoo are all for sale at katat0nik. There's also a new cupcake dress which will probably take a while for me to do pictures because! katat0nik! She is kicking my butt with releases!

In honor of the dress, I tried to twin Deoridhe Quandry and Deoridhe Starr as much as possible while still reflecting some originality between them. Both of them are wearing sale-release hairs from Exile; Exile is in the process of removing some of it's older content, so there's three walls of hair that, despite being older, are still pretty fantastic. I decided that Deoridhe Starr is the human, paler version of Deoridhe Quandry, so she got all of the light blondes and Quandry got all of the dark blondes! Well, by all I mean eight hairs - but at 50$L a color set it still only set me back 400$L on each avatar. The stockings were part of a buy one, get one to share special from Vextra Fashion, which means future twinning will be much easier due to shared stockings! The shoes are also identical, the rainbow shoes from katat0nik which are clearly going to be a favorite of mine!

A Little Attitude with my Cute

Now for the differences!

Quandry is wearing a skin from Apple May Designs, Kat, and I really like the delicate cosmetics on the base. It comes with a wide variety of eyebrows and some cleavage variations - yay! I'm wearing the Pale tone, but there are other darker ones of course. I also highlighted her rainbowness with a Rainbow Key from Souzou Eien. I bought it on massive sale, because I just happened to see the notice on the day of the sale, but it's still available for a shiny 100$L, so even off uber sale it's still a bargain!

Starr is wearing cute accessories from a Honey Kitty gatcha which I was able to pass to her. The bracelet is an adorable mixture of bright, colorful shapes and the ribbon, and part of why I had some to pass was I kept playing the gatcha to get them all! The hair ribbon matches the bow and I think it really sets off the rest of the outfit. I also bought my darling a set of Flugeln Brise's lashes - 09 instead of the 05 that Quandry usually wears.

Waiting Patiently

Switching over to the new release of Firestorm brought it's own excitement to this picture series. I actually had to take the first picture twice because my water settings didn't work! Ugly teal, no response from Windlight, and it turned out even my Windlight appearance was wrong with the recommended version. There's a second version of Firestorm with older graphics somethings, though, and installing that cleanly fixed my problem - so if you're noticing graphics issues, try installing the other version!

Are You Copying Me?

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Deoridhe Quandry:

Skin: Apple May Designs, Kat - Pale Nitro 3 (Promotional Item)
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 05
Hair: Exile, Gossip Girl - sand
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Dress: katat0nik, Triple Dip Dress - black
Key: Souzou Eien, Rainbow Key
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Stockings: Vextra Fashion, Opaque Stockings - white
Shoes: katat0nik, Kita Mary Janes - Candy Rainbow
Poses: Long Awkward Pose


Deoridhe Starr:

Skin: Cupcakes, Charm - Snow
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 09
Hair: Exile, Gossip Girl - Ash
Hair Ribbon: Honey Kitty, Cutie Ribbon - Pink
Dress: katat0nik, Triple Dip Dress - pink
Bracelet: Honey Kitty, Cutie Ribbon Bracelet - Vanilla
Stockings: Vextra Fashion, Opaque Stockings - white
Shoes: katat0nik, Kita Mary Janes - Candy Rainbow
Poses: Glitterati


Location: INK Flagship Shop
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY - Sad purple
Water Settings: Pond

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment