Saturday, December 31, 2011

Valkyries: Life and Death

Green Fields Again

Violent Seduction is currently having her yearly 50% off sale, and it is awesome! These two dresses can be gotten for only 250$L, and I hope you agree they are worth every penny! It's a matching set, and the two dresses share many of the same characteristics - including headwings and backwings, the winged shoes, and the staffs. The "Life" version also has a delightful pearl crown included that I simply fell in love with. You can see "Life" on Deoridhe Starr, and "Death" on Deoridhe Quandry, though now both of me have both dresses since they're sold as a set. The headwings really remind me of Gaia Online, where they are one of the early donation item gifts (before they were monthly collectables!). The heels are pre-alpha, but everything included is modifiable (a real gem when I hit the torsos and needed to accomodate my rather sizable chest!), which means you can easily shrink the invisiprim and add a basic heel alpha. I actually didn't get to that yet on either of the Deoridhes, but it will take a fraction of a moment when I do - I ended up doing something similar on a lot of my pre-alpha shoes that were modify-ok. Besides the chest, the biggest pieces I ended up modifying were the armguards; since I'm short, my arms are correspondingly short and since my fat percentage is much higher, they are correspondingly large, so I ended up enlarging all the arm guards then shrinking the lengths of the three pieces involved and moving them together. Again, since the outfit was modify-ok, this was both possible and reasonably fast.

Sighting Civilization

The hair is from the new Alice Project group gift, in the blond shade (her group gifts offer one of each of the standard hairshades plus some more rainbowlichous colors). On Deoridhe Starr I used the white tips and added some white streaks to make her a bit more angelic. She's also wearing the very sweet group gift skin from Curio, which has very delicate features and a sweetly pink mouth. Both Deoridhes have the same shape, so you can see the effect different skins have; in contrast to Deoridhe Starr, Deoridhe Quandry has wider and more defined, less pouty lips on her De La Soul skin and lipstick. One of the things I like about photographing Deoridhes together is how these skin contrasts can really clearly show up on the same shape. Deoridhe Quandry, as you can see, is using black tips and black streaks in her Alice Project hair - yes, both of them are in the group! Booyah! One added point on the hair - it is mesh, which means the pony tail is rigged to stay behind the shoulder no matter how the head moves, but the hair itself has no movement - which I know is a downside to a lot of people.

What?

At this end of an old year and beginning of a new one, I'm really struck by how much the last year has taught me about high contrasts - about the dark and the light and how they are both evermoving and ever-entertwined. Like twin ouroboroses,they rise and fall with each day, each week, each month, and each year. Within every sour there is a core of sweet, and within every sweet there is a core of sour. The older I get, the more I find my loves and hates evermore tightly bound, my joys ever tempered by sadness and my sadness evertempered by joy. I find this contrast, this reality, to be one which suits me and on the whole leaves me content to stay on the wheel of time, within the bounds of the world with everyone.

May the new year bring you what you want and also what you deserve.

Smelly Fish

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Quandry:
Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, Prim Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Alice Project, Sunye (group gift)
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Dress & Shoes: Violent Seduction, Valkyrie - Death (Promotional Item)
Bloomers: Sn@tch, Bloomers - Black
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Talisman
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet

Starr:
Skin: Curio, Petal - Angel (group gift)
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: Flugeln Brise, 09-cup
Hair: Alice Project, Sunye (group gift)
Dress & Shoes: Violent Seduction, Valkyrie - Life
Bloomers: Sn@tch, Bloomers - White

Poses Quandry: aDORKable Poses
Poses Starr: Glitterati

Location: Fehu Isa Heimat der Asatru
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT Bright Blue Horizon
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment