Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 5 - Patina

Drawn to You

I struggled a lot with Patina, and I don't think I'm the only one. I was all set for one other outfit, then it seemed to green, so I ended up with this - an outfit from De La Soul with multiple HUDs to allow me to mix and matched as much as my heart pleased, and with a tealy-color close enough to Patina to make me happy. Needless to say. though, none of what I'm wearing is actually called Patina.The top and bottom are prim-only clothing, no body textures at all, and are recolorable using a wide variety of HUDs - which makes for an incredible amount of customization and, in this case, patinazation!

I totally just made that word up.

I added the new De La Soul Glaive jewelry (I'm wearing a LOT of De La Soul today, I know!) set in to highlight it - which is also changable with a HUD. I had a lot of fun shifting around the colors to match, and found this shiny dark teal which almost was patinaish.

Totally just made that word up, too.

Butterfly Toes

I rounded it off with these awesome tippytoe feet from SLink - look, I managed to namedrop feet and show them, all in one post! I love these feet, so amazingly, with the curve and the arch of them - I've really fallen in love with the positive effect they have on finishing a barefooted look. Second Life feet are so pathetic and ugly, and these seem to be almost real - it's wonderful!

Also wonderful (how's that for a segue?) is this sim! It's a new build by Bryn Oh for the Avatar Games, and it takes many of the staples of her builds and makes them enormous! I look tiny and fairy-like in my full sized avatar; wait until you see me there in my mini faerie avatar!

Down to the Bones

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Ears: De La Soul, Glaive Ears
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Teal & Golds 2
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, Eyelash 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Flirt
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Kamiko Mesh Hair (Promotional Item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: De La Soul, Glaive Set (Promotional Item)
Dress: De La Soul, Gypsy Outfit (Promotional Item)
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger Talisman
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring
Feet: SLik, Jolie Pied Barefoot - Tiptoe (Promotional Item)

Poses: Pididdle

Location: LEA Games Sim
Light Settings: Places Bentham

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

2 comments: