Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Momentary Kajira

Did You Call me?

I'm not a big Gor fan; to be honest, though I am fond of a few people into Gor, I find the world itself deeply disturbing. I am a huge fan of silks, though, and my friend at Sublime Shroud Creations has been bitten by the silk making bug - my inventory is reaping the rewards. This is his first set, and they constitute one of the only times I've ever flown about the grid with my boobs hanging out; not something I'll necessarily make a practice of, but the silks themselves are gorgeous - just be careful where you wear them! They come with male and female chest pieces in addition to the rest, making them fully unisex. They are sized for male avatars, though, so be aware you might need to resize a few things if you're a woman! I mostly moved things around and found they fit very well, but I am on the plump side. The silks are full of flowing movement, though - I became really fond of the calf-flutters which moved as I flew about finding new places to take pictures. The cape of silks down the back also moves gorgeously, both in dace and travel. This is the first of a bunch of new releases from SSK, though, and as a breakout silks set completely blew me away.

Snowflake

I ended up pairing the silks with a new skin design from De La Soul. Intent on gradually skinning the entire alphabet (that sounded a little wrong...) Chelle is following up her Aestali set with a new, more defined Beatrice skin and it's matching Beaux design for males Much more defined than Aestali, I've found Beatrix in Barley to be sublime for photoshoots because of the crisp shadows on the face. I'm wearing the Dragon 2012 skin, which has been released as a hunt gift, but the cosmetics on the face as part of the skin are obscured by a combination of eyes from Elymode and lips from Mock to a fantastic effect. I'd actually been set up to take pictures in my Aestali rig, which is my usual skin, when Chelle passed me this Hunt skin, and when I saw how it made the lips seem even richer, and the wonderful effect of the purple around the eyes, I knew I had to keep the cosmetics even though it partly hides the fantastic scale texturing around the eyes and the delicate eyeliner that are part of the skin.

Uuuuuum...

The jewelry is also from De La Soul, a collar and set of bangles - the latter of which are wonderful for hiding ankle and wrist seams if you take advantage of existing mesh and prim hand and feet attachments. I did pull out my SLink feet again, though it took a while to match the new skintone (Barley is slightly darker and much greyer than my usual peachy-rose Aestali skin) the feet still add significantly to bare footed me wandering around the grid. I'm still eyeing and considering her mesh version, which have the advantage of moving and flexing with poses, but for now my flat-footed prim feet will have to do! The final surprise of the look is my sudden brunette phase, inspired by a hunt prize hair from Favole - who I more know for their delightful shoes and wings and collars. It's a swept updo, and I really enjoyed the spray of flowers in the back.

Arrival

I ended up taking pictures in an Adult Gor sim called Ironhall, to be respectful of the fact that whenever I moved my nipples were flashed to everyone, and unlike the last Gor sim I took pictures in, this time I didn't get an IM telling me faeries don't belong in Gor. I think the "observer" tag helped with that, but the place I had been didn't have an observer tag! It's an absolutely gorgeous sim, so I encourage you to take a look even if Gor is not your cup of tea, as it isn't mine. You might want to wear more clothing, though!

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

 Skin: De La Soul, Beatrice - Barley 2012 Dragon (Promotional item)
Eyeshadow: Elymode, A Little Drama
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: *X*plosion, Prim Lashes
Hair: Favole, Nuit
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Micare Lipglimmer - Flirtatious Kobi
Jewelry: De La Soul, Glaive Set - Copper
Silks: Sublime Shroud Kreations, Xithanen Sunset Silks
Ring 1: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Talisman
Ring 2: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring - Bouquet
Feet: Slink, Jolie Pied - Flat bare

Poses: Olive Juice

Location: Ironhall
Light Settings: Places District8
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment