Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday's Child is Fair of Face

But...

I'm stepping back a bit into philosophy; it's not entirely a pleasant thing. Some of it is interesting - gets me thinking - but I didn't miss the people with their ever-repeated agendas, or the subtle one-upsmanship which so often seems to filter through philosophy - where people are not co-operatively exploring a topic, but rather trying to prove one is smarter than another. What I hate most is how I get caught up in it; I start out with the best intentions, and then three posts in my hackles are going up and my snideness is coming out, and I don't like myself very much.

I'm not sure there is a place for the kinds of discussions I want... a place where we share what we know, add our information, build something greater than ourselves. Now and then I touch it at work, mulling over a case with my co-workers and trying to build the care that my clients deserve, all of us joined together toward a positive goal. Looks like I answered my own question!

Maybe the problem is that so many of these discussions occur in a vacuum, without a positive focus - they become negative and reductive. There is a quality of self-reference which weakens intellect; divorce too far from the practical results of one's actions, one can become lost in ones own navel and lose sight of the world outside.

I could be bound up inside a nutshell and count myself King of infinite space... were it not that I have bad dreams. ~Shakespeare

Rainbow Tentacles

The undies and shoes are a new release from Dilly Dolls - the latter come with a full color pack for 400$L (yes, I did splurge on the whole thing!) and allow you to tint the shoes and straps separately; the former come with one for each day, and yes you will be seeing them again. I thought it might be fun to do a look matching each set on the day in question (It's barely Monday, but lets say it counts).

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Hair Flowers: G Field, Rose Hairpin - mint
Eyelashes 1: Sauce, Sidewinder Lashes
Eyelashes : *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Coal & Teal 2
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Gardsman
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Yumi Hair (promotional item)
Wings: Favole, Guardian
Necklace: Periquita, Alien Gold Necklace B
Lingerie: Dilly Dolls, Renna's Weeklys (promotional item)
Bracelets: Spyralle, Glass Bangle "Quandary"
Ring 1: Earthstones, Eternal Blossom Ring
Ring 2: Alchemy Immortalis, Nestling Finger Talisman
Stockings: KC, No. 2 - mustard
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Espy Wedges - orange

Pose: Magnifique

Location: Dilly Dolls - Flagship Store
Light Settings: Places Crucible

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment