Sunday, March 25, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 13 - Green Tea

Reach for the Sky

I had a lot of fun doing green tea, and it came from an entirely unexpected purchase I made during Fashion For Life - which is still available at the store, I checked! VoguE is an amazing store, with a specialty for filmy lingerie which carries over into amazing clothing. I especially like how the alpha prims are managed - they are over a layer of solid prims, which means a lot of the alpha occlusion errors are stopped before they can even start. I also love the flip-up of the jacket in the back - it makes me so happy! I thought Wasabi Pill's 80s inspired mini-ponytail was a perfect match, being slightly classy and very perky. Up close, you can see the multilayered bangs which are very, very fun, and it's mesh so it bends with your head instead of cutting through your body. I really like how this style frames my eyes, which are a mesh version of my favorite eyes from De La Soul. You can really see how the mesh versions have a much brighter and crisper color; these weren't rigged, so I was able to stretch them to fit my oversized anime eyes. The necklace (with matching earrings) is a fantastic new release from Elemental that includes two color changing stones - which can be green, black, red, or purple. I went with the malachite, which is this fantastic shade of green. The shoes, which round off the whole look, are another fantastic group gift from Felicity. If you need flirty heels, Felicity is definitely a group to join - she keeps all of the old group gifts out indefinitely, which is fantastic for filling out an inventory. Most of her shoes have feet attached and the tinting system is a very simple one where you tint a prim to match your skintone, then apply it to the feet.

Eye to Eye

I was not an official blogger for Fashion For Life, though I did get a pack from a dear friend - not shown here - and I did my usual spin-round the sims to pick up clothing which would give donations to the cause. I saw with some trepidation the recent bruhaha regarding bloggers who said they would blog but ended up not being able to, in one case ironically due to a reoccurance of her cancer. I now receive a lot of free items from store owners, a lot of them from people I have blogged independently before starting to get offered free stuff. In two cases, those offerings come with strings - an expectation of blogging the items within a week. Part of me lives in fear of missing a release and being dropped, but I decided a long time ago to just take that if it comes and not worry about it. The rest of the generous store owners have pretty much explicitly said their gifts are given no strings attached; often I feel more comfortable in those cases because I know some of my money has already gone to them and that I would spend money even if I wasn't on their list, and I never forget to be very generous. I think the drama brings up an underlying tension on the side of many store owners, though, where they don't have trust in their bloggers. I'd like a world where we could all support each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt, but I'm honestly not sure where to start.

Rock Face

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee - rainbow (mesh, promotional item)
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A Planty
Ears: Illusions, Mystic Ears
Cosmetics: Mock, Pandora's Gingersnaps and Champagne (group gift)
Glasses: Air, Cresta
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Kumi Pony esh Hair (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry, Elemental, Oracle Set - Silver and texture change
Dress: VoguE, Daisy Dress - Olive
Shoes: Felicity, Gianna Stilettos - green (group gift)

Poses: Dare

Location: Caisteal
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Whirld Spinnin
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping only

No comments:

Post a Comment