Monday, August 13, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 33 - Tyrian Purple

Turning Into the Light

Tyrian Purple is an amazing color. I had actually photographed this color before - though not under the name - but I'm so thrilled there's a name for this over-saturated, overwhelming color. I decided to go with a completely blown-out color scheme with this one, making my skin incredibly pale and exaggerating the dark of the hair and dress even more. I started with a white hair, but I think the black works better as a frame for my skin, filling in some of the gaps. I really ended up liking the combination of over and under-saturated, the vivid solidity of my clothing and hair against the fragility and impermanence of the flowers in the mist. They have a cartoonish feel, even at full color, especially with the bright, primary colors of the flowers with their shiny green stems. I feel kind of shiny, too - awesome shiny outfit from Sn@tch, awesome shiny boots from KS Creations. I also feel like I'm hiding, because I am - secure behind an avatar in a way I am unable to be secure out in the big, bad, scary world.

Daisies Around

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Coal & Magenta
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Lipstick: Mock, Micare Lipglimmer - Flirtatious Kobi
Hair: Magika, Draw
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Jewelry: Elemental, Vintage ~ Ava 2 (Tyrian Purple Gems)
Dress: Sn@tch, Vampire Barbie - wine
Shoes: Kcreations, Ballet Thighboots (Tinted Tyrian Purple)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Off the Wall
Light Settings: TOR, SPECIAL Dreamwalker

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment