Friday, August 31, 2012

Creamy and Sweet

Spinning About

Dressing corsets - even gorgeous overbust ones like this one from Dilly Dolls - is always a challenge. I'm really not a pants person, so it often ends up being a matter of hunting out a skirt to tuck underneath (or place over it like I did the last time I dressed one of these corsets). This time I stole bits from a Caverna Obscura gown and then edited the skirt down to mostly fit under the bottom edge, and the back of the draped top so that it went over the open lacing in the back. I also tinted the purple flowers dark to match the dark stripes on the shoes. I ended up really liking the effect of it - the combination almost seems to fluoresce in the light. In retrospect, the only thing I'm not sure about is the Wasabi Pills hair - the style is cute and awesome but the color is a bit off from the rest of the look. The shoes from Dilly Dolls were one of my last minute purchases at the Vintage Faire right before it ended - I totally couldn't resist these adorable skulls on the chunky heels. The bright on black is really striking as well; expect to see it again in the future! I haven't done hot pink and black in a very long time, so I really need to step it up.

Swan and Skull

I'm honestly not pulling cheerful off very well, but I am feeling more at peace. I really loved this sim; it was simple and sweet with tiny bright colors shining here and there - like a spot of brilliant blue, or a planting of brilliant red. I'm feeling that sort of emptiness of a cleared field or smooth lake before more life comes up and roughs things up again.

Docking

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, Make Me Up - Spring
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Silent Sar - Baroque Liner
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Megan Mesh Hair - Grass
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle Wings
Dress: Caverna Obscura, Serenade Gown Top and Skirt
Corset: Dilly Dolls, Pinstripe Corset
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Dasha Pumps (Vintage Faire)

Poses: Adorkable Poses

Location: Morning Dew, Westdell
Light Settings: NB, Aftermath 1200
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment