Saturday, September 15, 2012

Top Ten Blogs

Bamboo Falls

Gogo of Juicybomb put up a list of her Ten Favorite Blogs, and that seemed like a good idea so I followed suit. I tend to like people with strong perspectives that are different than me, whose posts make me think, or who find things I don't find myself. I am less likely to seek out purely fashion blogs, if only because I already spend a lot of Linden in Second Life with the store information I get now!

Selecting just ten is hard and I follow most of the blogs on my sidebar pretty regularly, which is why they organize by last post date (I start where I remember leaving off and go up), so I'll stick with some of the odder ones I like which I think should get a wider audience.

Through the Branches

The person whose blog I always check multiple times is Emerald's Eyes, but that's because I find her really funny and we made friends through blog (my only blog-to-world friend; so cool!).She's been quiet lately, but she really makes me laugh - her style reminds me a lot of The Bloggess and Hyperbole and a Half.

I've grown really fond of Salome Says; long, substantive posts, and I really like the chatty podcasts. I don't always agree with what she says, but she makes me think and I really value that.

Whiskey Shots does gorgeous pictures, and when she has something to say it's usually interesting. Sometimes it feels like she's giving perspective under pressure - especially with her recent posts which go more into her own life.

The Trainwreck Love Life covers a lot of stuff, not always SL related. I tend to follow all of her links, and I often enjoy her recordings of conversations and commentary on them.

Stone Steps

Across the Grid with Lindal Kidd has a great perspective and really engaging posts. Again, she has more of an educator's perspective, and often brings up aspects of identity and details of mainland exploration, which is not a strong point of mine.

The Poultry Report which is awesome for finding events and a very different perspective from mine. She has more of an event planner and sim designer focus, and I find that fascinating.

Honours Post-Menopausal View is my go-to blog for finding beautiful places in Second Life, followed closely by Yse SLiffeuse et Gloddeuse. Nine times out of ten, if I'm in a gorgeous place I found it from them, and that's a glorious thing.

For thinking I won't always agree with but at least I'll be thinking, I tend to go to Botgirl's Identity Circus and What is this Crap? I sometimes strongly disagree with both, but when I have the energy for it I like the challenge of things that are intelligent but that I disagree with. The issue of how to disagree with people while still honoring them and valuing their perspective looms large in my consciousness right now.

Sinking Feeling

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow 1: Virtual Insanity, La Linge - yellow
Eyeshadow 2: Adam n Eve, Eye Tattoo Dragon Gold
Lipstick: Mock, Glasside Lip - Sorbis
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Skye - unrigged mesh (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Elemental, Zelda Beads
Dress: katat0nik, Lift Off! Dress (Group Gift - 250$L to Join)
Shoes: katat0nik, Wingtip Mary Janes (mesh)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Keisei - Marron's Onsen Jinjya and Niwa
Light Settings: TOR, Greed2
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment