Sunday, September 16, 2012

Walking on Air

Cloud Dancing

I grew up reading the Oz books, and one of the characters I always liked the most was Polychrome, the Rainbow's Daughter, who was found dancing on Earth to keep warm. High in the sky, closer to the sun, she was warmer; the ground was too icy for her and her filmy gown but she was making the best of what she could after dancing off of the rainbow's bow and being left behind when it was retracted. The Oz in my head is very different from the Oz when I go back to read it, but I've always had a soft spot for the whimsy and imagination that lingers at the edges of my mind now that I'm an adult, even if so many problems in Oz were invisible to me when I was a child. Childhood often has that soft-edged effect, where in our innocence we simply didn't see the trouble and toil around us; rather than being bright with color and solid edged, it is hazy and sepia tinted.

By the Crook

There is much in my life that is dark right now, but I'm clinging to the rainbow edges of joy that are rendered all the brighter for being right next to darkness.

Clear Eyed

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De la Soul, RooMee Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: *X*plosion, PrimLashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Damned, Rainbow 1
Lipstick: Rue, Painted: Lip Service
Hair: Secrets Hair, Anita - InFlames
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Elemental, Athena Set
Dress: De La Soul, Lauded (Rainbow)
Lingerie: Silent Sparrow, Moonchild Suite
Staff: De La Soul, Staff of the Crook
Shoes: Shoenique Designs, Flower Power hippy Wedges

Poses: Adorkable

Location: Further Along the Path
Light Settings: TOR, Greed2
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment