Sunday, October 14, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 41 - Antique Brass

Eerie Glow

I'm squeaking in Antique Brass right under the line, despite having a decent amount of free time - mostly because I used that free time on other things and forgot completely about the challenge until yesterday~! I've been pre-occupied, and really have a growing awareness of how critical something that simply isn't found in Second Life is to me and how I form lasting memories - scent. Some of this is a relief; I can only imagine the stale wax smell that Linden Labs might provide as a default, and a gathering of noobs could send a person down in a welter of vile odor. Imagine being able to smell a garden, though, or the damp, slightly metallic smell that might accompany these pictures, with a hint of wood and grass on the wind. The scent that's been most disturbing me recently is a scent I never imagined to smell in my own home - the smell of my grandparents' home.

Bent Over My Reflection

I recently found the time to unpack the first of my inheritance boxes, this one mostly full of ducks and a goose, and I was astonished at how strong the scent of the house was on the papers everything was wrapped in, and how strongly the mixed emotions and memories of that house returned to me. It is something I am unable to fully capture, and certainly unable to bottle, and it lingers on the edges of my mind. One thing I inherited was a glass perfume bottle my grandmother carried with her. My plan had been to empty it and fill it with my perfume, but having opened and sniffed and experienced the unmistakable weight of memories associated wit that smell, I find myself unable to. She and I never had a close or easy relationship, but she was my grandmother and I loved her; that love lives in scent now, absent a person to carry it.

Landscaping

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: Flufeln Brise, 05-A
Eyelashes 2: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, SPRING - Starfish
Lipstick: Mock, Lucir Espresso
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Taylor Mesh Hair (promotional item, Cinema Releases)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Necklace: G Field, Key Necklace - brass
Jewelry: League, Wanderer - Golden Oak
Outfit: The Sea Hole, Odette Bustier and Culottes
Hands: Slink, Rigged Mesh Hands (New Release)
Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Bare Feet

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Black Kite
Light Settings: London2026
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment