Saturday, October 20, 2012

Experimentation: Lounging in Second Life

Sunset

There is an amazing display at LEA20 which is meant to be used by photographers and machinimists in order to create things in Second Life, and it's really, really well done! There's a HUD you get at the entrance which gives teleport links to all of the areas. Several of them are fully contained displays, like the New Orleans Apartment I used for today's photoshoot, while others are missing the fourth wall and are set up for scenes and filming. All of them are incredibly detailed and gorgeously put together! A few places, items might not be quite flat on other things, but it's such a minor issue that can often be fixed with angles. In addition - wonders of wonders - they allow you to rez objects (with a very short life, maybe a half hour?). This makes it glorious to pose shots - several of these shots would not have been possible without my being able to rez a photography object.The styles of the different areas are widely variable, and I have no doubt I'll be back to make use of them! I am a huge fan of cohesive, gorgeous sims, but I have to admit this style of having different "scenes" is really growing on me.

What book do you want?

The hair is a gorgeous style (regular and flexi prim) from Secrets Hair, which has moved! If you keep landmarks, make sure to update them! The hues are from a "fun" set, and I love the stripes of pink and white; when I saw them against my awesome dress from AlaFolie, I couldn't resist. AlaFolie has really stepped up on redefining the silhouette using rigged mesh, and this dress is a wonderful example of that - the ruched sides caught up with roses move smoothly in almost every animation I tried. The pearls dangling from one side are flexible prims, though I wish they moved a little more slowly; I wanted to catch them in midair, but they fell too fast! I matched the variety of pinks with a dark magenta eyeshadow from Virtual Insanity and a light pink gloss from Mock; I initially wasn't sure about the eyes, but I think they really called up the darker strands in my hair, and those few dark pink roses on the skirt. The shoes are from Felicity and were a special release for Sales Blitz. This week, this style of shoes in gray and a bunch of animal print stilettos are waiting for you at the store! Hurry to Felicity's store to check them out.

Recline

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusion, Seelie Ears
Hair: Secrets Hair, Nara - Soda Pop (Promotional Item)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Virtual Insanity, Fairy Fluff
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Cabaret
Jewelry: bewildebeest, Madiera
Dress: AlaFolie, Marilyn Plume
Bouquet: G Field, Rose2 Mini Bouquet
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands (New Release)
Shoes: Felicity, Gianna Stilettos (Sales Blitz)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Machinima Open Studio Project: New Orleans Set
Light Settings: TOR, SPECIAL Heaven
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment