Thursday, December 6, 2012

2012 Color Challenge: Week 49 - Cotton Candy

Snow Candy

I love cotton candy - the food, not the color.The candy in my hand, I think a Gatcha prize from Saturnine Dreams, and my awesome Skinthesis wings were both rather closer to the theme than I had originally planned, but I ended up really liking them and I couldn't resist being literal! I actually started with this Gothica dress, which I've had in my inventory for a very long time and haven't had a chance to use before now. It was a perfect color for cotton candy, light and sweet but bright and playful. The flower theme was harder to carry over, though - the necklace is included but no bracelets or hair ornaments - so I ended up supplementing the pink daisies with lilies. The one in my hair is from G Field and is a staple of my inventory. The shoes were the most difficult of all, though; I ended up returning to an old staple from Deviant Designs, these adorable sandals with the lily detailing on the side. They are pre-mesh, but still incredibly well made. Finally, I ended up using a cute pig tail hairstyle from Wasabi Pills, but instead of using her jellyfish color (which was way too bright) I took one of her light white shades and tinted it to match the darkest part of the daisies. I also swapped out my usual relaxed SLink hand for the "bag" hand which looks like it's holding something, so that the stem of my cotton candy didn't fall on the ground while I was gallivanting around. I had impulsively bought the fatpack of her hands, but I'm really glad I have the versatility of them all, even if I usually just use casual! I paired a couple of eyeshadows - one a simple blush on the lid from Mock (adding a matching lip) and the other more theatrical and vivid, a heart from Schadenfreude to round out my look, and I think I look rather snazzy!

On a Bridge

The biggest challenge of the whole shoot, really, was the location and the lighting. I didn't want to overpower the outfit with a really dark location, but I did want to echo the pink of the outfit in the sky and hopefully on the land a little. I used a variety of lights, this time focusing them on one side of the body using grays and pinks. The gray was to take off some of the edge of the pinks - make it a little less obvious that the light was tinted, and to even out the light across the face and try to minimize the awkward and unattractive mesh shadows around the nose and lips. To get a shadow along the nose without catching the slightly off triangles at the sides of the nostrils is a challenge in Second Life due to the flawed mesh o its base avatars; that being said, I will take the customization of the basic mesh avatar over any mesh avatar any time of the day. I really wish Second Life would expand the options for mesh, maybe allowing a way of combining their adjustment system with fresh, better mesh bases. I'm beginning to think we may get there sometime - Second Life is slowly seeming to become more responsive, and so I maintain hope for a meeting point between individualization and style.

Furred Friends

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow 1: Mock, Carnivale Cotton Candy
Eyeshadow 2: Schadenfreude, Cotton Candy
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Glasside Lip - Carissima
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Megumi
Hairflower: G Field, Hibiscus Hair Clip
Wings: Skinthesis, Cotton Candy Wings
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Food: Saturnine Dreams, Home Spun Cotton Candy
Dress: Gothica, Clove Pink
Shoes: Deviant Designs, Beach Baby

Poses: aDORKable Poses

Location: Izzie's Mainstore
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY Catastrophe
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment