Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 4 - Payne's Star

Jealousy

I am really having a ball with the Twisted Color Challenge. Payne's Star was totally a challenge to pull together, and yet I'm really, really pleased with the final result. I ended up finding the perfect gray, tight dress from SL Couture. I was astonished - it fit like a glove out of the box, curving right along the right places and draping gorgeously. Usually tight dresses are way too wide at the hips for me to wear, or curve way too far back, but this mesh was perfectly formed for my shape, and I simply couldn't resist taking some pictures - even if it meant continuing to show off a lot of skin! I echoed the gray in my shoes - a gorgeous set of boots from G Field that I simply adore - and the wings. The sea green of the look came from stockings, also from G Field, a gorgeous Cascade jewelry set from Eclectica, and a short bob from Wasabi Pills. The final touch was a new set of eyes from De La Soul - shimmering rainbow colors in a gorgeous mesh that is lit from within. He has a bunch of new releases - including irises that are actual moving clocks!

Bright Eyes

I know mesh remains problematic in terms of shape adjustments people have made, but I have to admit that this outfit really made me appreciate it in a whole new way. The way the mesh is cut means the fabric falls so naturally, and the ability of the mesh to conform to my movements means that even leaning and sitting poses work well. It makes it really fun to set up quasi-pinup pictures in random beaches all over Second Life. I'm not quite sure I make a perfect pin up, but I had fun practicing!

Floating on ...Water

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, Realism Eyes - Portal
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Glitter Pop Eshadow Chocolate
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Sahne Bitter Chocolate
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Noriko (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: SL Couture, Sexy Cowl Halter Mini Dress (promotional item)
Jewelry: Eclectica, Cascade - bright beads
Socks: G Field, Button Socks
Shoes: G Field, Open Boots "Vilda"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Mau Loa Romance
Light Settings: TOR, FOGGY Mint Teahouse
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment