Sunday, February 24, 2013

I Can Haz Promoshunz: Drama and Ennui

Shy, Aren't I?

One of the most amazing things in Second Life is to discover some new, amazing items, teleport into the store to see things in their natural habitat, and discover the store is simply as delightful and surprising as the items within it. In this case, I was led to Remarkable Oblivion by a crown, ended up picking up a set of headwings there, and couldn't resist taking a few snapshots while I was in the area. It's a small store, with a smattering of different mesh items on offer that are well worth a second look. My one complain would be the limitations of the palette - I'm a faerie addicted to rainbows, and the hues tend to linger around pink, red, black, and the blue shown above. I would love even a gray textured version for tinting so that I can mix and match endlessly. I tucked the wings into this amazing lush style by Underscore, which also has options with a scarf and jewels hanging from it. I love the enormous waves flowing down my torso, but it is a very large hairstyle. I'm looking forward to Underscore spreading into new areas as the brand matures. The cleavage I'm showing off is courtesy of Charlie at De La Soul, and while I know he wants me to slip into his later releases, I'm still enamored with my Aestali skin. Now if only I could convince him to bring Aestali to his petites, and my life would be complete!

Rotting Through

I still can't take off this Naiad dress from Lassitude & Ennui, and I think you can tell why! I went for a bit of a sleek and sexy effect this time, but every time I try to be edgy - like with this awesome whip from Magnifique - I always feel like I goofily fall short of the mark! In any case, I made an attempt, right? I tried it with thigh high boots, but it simply didn't look right; these sleek heels from Felicity were perfect, though - structured and layered enough to complement the delicate patterning of my dress, but not too overpowering. The chain detailing on the shoes dovetails nicely with the chain edging on the jewelry I'm wearing, a hunt prize from Dragon's Flair. The styling is beautiful and ornate without being two fragile or too flat. One thing I love about hunts is that the really good prizes linger in my inventory like a gift! Unfortunately, I couldn't find the store to see if there was more beauty in the offing. I leave you with a last shot of my demonette faerie; what does she see with her rainbow eyes?

Fallen Back

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyeshadow: White Widow, Pisces
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: L. Fauna, Black
Hair: Underscore, Pietra (promotional item)
Headwings: Remarkable Oblivion, Malificient Head Wings
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Jewelry: Dragon's Flair, Midnight Elemental
Dress: Lassitude & Ennui, Naiad sundress
Whip: Magnifique, Whip
Shoes: Felicity, Larissa Stilettos
(promotional item)
Poses: Glitterati

Location: Remarkable Oblivion Main Store
Light Settings: AnaLutetia - AvatarOp
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment