Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 7 - Truffle Valley

Reflected

Truffle Valley really seemed more like chocolate and banana to me - but this dress is actually called chocolate and vanilla! An impulse purchase from Yulicie at an event - I forget which - it came with a bunch of other colors all in dessert shades. I really like the sprinkles on the skirt and the warm chocolaty goodness, and the dress itself is well made if a little sharp around the shoulders.  The style is simple and sweet, and the texturing is simple but solid. It really was perfect for this challenge, though! I paired it with chocolate tinted jewelry from Purple Moon Creation's, a heavy jeweled set with earrings and ring in addition to the collar-style necklace. I usually wear Purple Moon Creation's clothing, but I think this jewelry set is really well done and attractive. More solemn and fancy than the dress might call for, but I thought it dressed it up very nicely. The other ring I added to keep up the banana front - the cutest macaron ring from Sugar (which is re-opening in March). I have a bunch of these and they're a fun way to add some of my favorite foods to my ensemble without standing around with my mouth open!

Goldenrest

I'm wearing hair from D!va - a gorgeous bun style with daisies included. It doesn't quite go well over my ears, but I used a few daisies from Nushru that blended in beautifully. One issue with having these enormous Illusions ears is that sometimes hairstyles I really like don't fit well. I probably should give in and buy them on my main alt, who rocks with her human ears. The cosmetics I ended up are really a tangle. The eyes are from Elymode, one of her earliest releases in chocolate and gold; she has fantastic dual tone eyeshadows which are a welcome staple. The lips are layered - underneath is a chocolatey Mock shade, then a brush of banana on top thanks to a stain from a new-to-me store called Delusions which I think really rounded out my look. The real end to the whole kit, though, are these awesome shoes from KS Creations which remain some of my favorite thigh high boots in world. I love how I can alter the texture and then tint it further to match perfectly.

Train in the Distance

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Brown & Gold
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick 1: Mock, Sahne Bitter Chocolate
Lipstick 2: Delusions, Candy Stain - banana
Hair: D!va, Mayumi3
Hair Ornaments: Nushru, Oh Daisy
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Jewelry: Purple Moon, Cycle dans la Chocolaterie
Ring: Sugar, Mesh Macaron Ring
Dress: Yulicie, Vellant Retro Dress - Vanila Chocolate
Boots: KS Creations, Feline Boot - Leather

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Split Screen: Yooma Mayo - Yes, Giovanni
Light Settings: In Situ
Water Settings: In Situ

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment