Sunday, February 10, 2013

Watermelon Spring

Fading in and Out

This is a gorgeous new release from Dilly Dolls - a spaghetti strap dress with dark detailing and brilliant colors. I found that the medium fit me like a glove out of the box, except for my belly which is unfashionably large; once I shrunk that, I didn't even need an invisible layer - which was good since the included one cut a little too wide across the chest. It's a fun, flirty style accepted by dark black ribbons - a really high contrast look which could only be matched by an older set of her shoes - these really fun skully heels. I could only match the brilliance of the outfit with the watermelon hair coloring from Alice Project. I adore her HUD based coloring system, which means I have an eternity of fades at my fingertips. This one I really adore - green tips, with the melon-white before the hot pink begins; it was perfect for the overall look. Getting jewelry for it was a real challenge, but in my first picture I was inspired to dig deep, and I ended up pulling back up this amazing jewelry set from Eclectica, which allows for dying with different colors.

Bright Lights

The final touch was the eye cosmetics from Boom. I really adore these, and my only thought on how they could be improved (eyes open or closed) is if the eyes were each done separately so that I could mix and match more freely. After setting myself up as a living, flying watermelon by tinting my wings from Fancy Fairy and my nails from SLink to match, there was only one place on the grid I could go - to Torley Island. Torley is a Linden who loves hot pink and lime green, and has accumulated a sim full of these things. His usual drop point leaves one in a modernistic world made mostly of white, with the occasional highlight of pink and green. I ended up hunting those up, posing in front of them with careless abandon while I waited for the perfect moment. He also has some free textures available for anyone who wants to have at - so go and enjoy! Me, I'm just enjoying the bright colors which always remind me of that greatest of summer joys, watermelon.

Bliss

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Eyelashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Boom, Eye Paint - watermelon
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - appleblossom
Hair: Alice Project, Kumi
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Jewelry: Eclectica, Clusters Jewelry
Dress: Dilly Dolls, Nykki 2 - Pink & Green
Stockings: Grass green thigh highs
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Dasha Skully Pumps

Poses: Adorkable

Location: Torley Island

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment