Monday, March 4, 2013

ICHP: Dilly Dolls Free Style

Curved Pathways

This is the blog post that took two days and an assistant! A very kind person, upon hearing me whinge in group chat, helped me figure out how to reset my avatar so I could add cosmetics - which is why I'm able to showcase this brand new hunt prize from Dare Designs, which is taking part in the horrifically difficult Twisted Hunt. Dilly Dolls is as well, with a white-textured version of the above boots, but these are the very special release for the new FreeStyle Store which opened recently. Everything in it is under 50$L, and quite a few things are 0$L, so it's a good place to send your friendly impoverished or new friends. The FreeStyle version of these boots and the crown are color-changing, so if you aren't prepared to goth it up with black, there's a bright and shiny white version. The dress is not, sadly, available at FreeStyle, but it is a recent release at the Dilly Dolls's store. As always, her clothing comes with a wide variety of colors with a HUD to change the textures, and this dress has an added bonus - you can remove the top, the skirt, or both to wear just the corset, so it's incredibly adaptable. These boots and crown from Dilly Dolls are also mesh, but are not rigged, so they can be very easily resized and fitted. I ended up making the boots a lot larger because I am not a bird! Belying the not-a-bird, I added wings to my head as well as my back - the creator behind Remarkable Oblivion send me a second set of these headwings with a white option, and then I heartlessly used the black texturing instead because I have no gratitude (no, really, thank you!). I have no idea if these are for sale anywhere, or if they're reserved for bloggers who complain - you could try a notecard complaint, too, and see if it works! (No, don't do that, wait... bad idea.)

I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me

My hair is an older release from Alice Project, making use of her incredibly versatile HUD which allows you to not only color the hair with fades and tints, but also to tint different parts of the hair with different colors, thus allowing for entirely weird styles like above, where I attempted to put every color in my outfit into my hair. I think it worked pretty well, actually. The collar is a very old purchase from DownDownDown; I had found it during one of the gatcha festivals on the sim her store was on; it wasn't a gatcha prize, but it was reasonable and unique, and I fell in love. The collar has a wire which arches from the back, curving around my body elegantly. One thing I love about shopping malls, and miss now that they've become more rare, is the way that events would introduce me to brand new stores I might have never run into otherwise. To an extent, sales and themed events can do a similar thing, but it often seems like the stores are frequently the same - not that I don't love them, believe me I do, but I sometimes feel more insular than I used to be. That being said, blogs are a great way to find new places to take pictures, and I found the Nitroglobus Gallery through one of the blogs on my sidebar - now I have no idea which one, but thank you! It's an extremely changeable place; the basic idea is simple, mushrooms and a bridge, but the mushrooms have ever-changing textures on them, and there are eyes floating around to look at you, and the final effect is rather creepy. I really like it, especially with the floating lens-flares and mist.

Faeries in the Mist

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 04-A
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Cosmetics: Dare Designs, Delirium 01 full (Twisted Hunt Prize)
Hair: Alice Project, Grace
Headwings: Remarkable Oblivion, Malificient Head Wings - RGB
Crown: Dilly Dolls, Hearty Crown - Freestyle Edition
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Collar: DownDownDown, Code choker
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: Dilly Dolls, Kasset - Black & Dark
Boots: Dilly Dolls, Matilda Boots - Freestyle Edition

Poses: !bang

Location: Nitroglobus Gallery
Light Settings: In Situ

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment