Thursday, March 28, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 12 - Hemingway in the Sienna

Bridging Gaps

I think I'm going to be a week late for a while. Hemingway in the Sienna is another orange challenge, and I'm late once more! Go me! This has been a very busy end of the month for me, and I think one can tell in the sudden drop off in posts! Working my butt off at the Fashion Faire didn't help either! In the near future is the Fantasy Faire, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be an official blogger there again. This Twisted Color Challenge was surprisingly fun despite the surplus of orange, though; the combination of orange and creme is a very soothing one, though I'm not sure I quite hit the shade of orange head on. I adore this dress from katat0nik, though, so how could I resist showing it off? I particularly like the lacing down the back and how it blends into the skirt - which is a flexible prim skirt, not a mesh one. One thing I do miss in mesh is the sense of movement that you can sometimes achieve with flexible prims, and you can see that in the tilt of the skirt above. I paired the dress - which comes with the adorable nurses hat shown with it - with a curly-ended pony tail hairstyle from Alice Project. The color of the hair is a new one, though I'm not sure I quite managed to capture it in these images. Part of her new Sparkle Princess release, this new HUD of colors adds sparkles into the lives of all who love Alice Project. I chose sparkles at the tips of my hair, but it's hard to capture in images even if it's very pretty in avatar.

Grass and Sass

I have a couple of other very special releases to show off, and the first are these simply breathtaking new boots from Rue. Now, those who know Rue, know her mostly for her eyes and her horns - and for both of them she does these amazing color combinations and fades which really blow me away. She has decided to tackle shoes next, and I have to admit I'm amazed at the result. These boots are color-changable by a HUD which allows for changing the main part of the boot, and the alternate color heel and toe. She started with the normal pack, but for Ostara she released and incredible variety which simply gave me the vapors - seriously, I felt a little faint when I first began to try on the different HUDs. There is also an extra special release just for her group, because she really loves us, but what I'm showing above is one of the ones for public release. She also told me, though I haven't tried it yet, that you can mix and match between different HUDs. I love customizability, seriously! The other recent release that I'm just in raptures about is the headwings - earwings? - from Remarkable Oblivion. These were sold at L'Accessories, but I live in hope they will show up in his store afterwards because they rule! I ended up buying another set on an alt, since I'm setting her up to look awesomely weird.

Over the Edge

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Headwings: Remarkable Oblivion, Elysium White
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Makeup Gold
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - toast
Hair: Alice Project, Persephone
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: katat0nik, Happy Nurse - orange
Jewelry: Mariposa, Simplicity
Heels: Rue, Soles/Sass

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Gayhaven Parish
Light Settings: Places Abracadabra
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment