Sunday, March 3, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 9 - Lyndhurst Plum

Adopted

I'm squeaking in under the wire for Lyndhurst Plum, a color which I really struggled to set up a look for until I finally searched through my sorted clothing for this very old dress from The Crystal Queendom (currently closed). I still don't think it's exactly right - the blue is too bright, the purple too shiny - but it's close enough for government work, and I was getting work out! The twisted challenge is definitely a lot harder than just a single color; usually I could match a color pretty well, but sometimes I simply can't find the two different ones in clothing which can be combined. I'm hampered by the fact that I tend to wear full outfits, not separates. It adds a whole different challenge to the whole thing! I paired the dress with a casual new style from Wasabi Pills, showing some of her new curls and little wisps around the ears. I'm really liking the looser style of this new hair; it will be interesting to see how far she takes the curls. The bracelets are an old purchase from Digital Eyes, and they really fit the casual, flirty style I'm working on. I really know that store more for her fans, but these were perfect to step up my look and ad a bit of color to my hands.

Walk the Line

I ended up running over to the LEA sims to try to catch Amelia Is Missing before it closed - isn't it amazing how quickly six months has gone? I didn't manage to get as far on my LEA goal of tracking each sim as I'd like, but I get another chance soon! In the mean time, I really enjoyed following the red thread to try to find Amelia through a wistful, sometimes disturbing landscape. The amount of subtle interactivity was fun, too! While sitting on things didn't accomplish much, I did spend entirely too long chasing eeping boxes around a giant room, and I discovered I could - with care - walk on the thread at least part of the way. The light I ended up using was really different from the default windlight, but I think it suits the sim by highlighting the red threads that ran all the way through. My one complaint about the threads would be how difficult it was to follow them; one problem of the camera is that it's relatively difficult to look down as one goes - there were times I got very lost and hat to spend a lot of time panning down to find my way again. That might have been part of the point, though - Amelia is lost, and it will take some effort to track through the clues to the end.

Your Secret Spot

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De la Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 04-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, A Little Drama - blue / lilac
Eyeliner: cheLLe, Cleo Called Navy
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick: Mock, Bella Vetro Gloss - Coral Tree
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Ivette (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Dress: The Crystal Queendom, Bombay Belle
Bracelets: Digital Eyes, Plastic Bracelets Purple
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes

Poses: !bang

Location: LEA: Amelia Is Missing by Cica Ghost
Light Settings: TOR, SCIFI Gimler gromchi
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment