Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fantasy Faire: Evensong Woods

Hidden Within

Evensong Woods is a gorgeous, snowy sim with peaceful, quiet areas interspersed with narrow rivers. All of the colors are muted and quiet, what hues there are remain dusty and chilly. Pale icy pinks and dull milky blues with the rich dark green of moss cluster around and cling against dark gray stone buildings and wide, dark wooden pathways. Most of the sim is above the ground, leaving room for strange flowers to bloom, but a few flank the entrance and exit, shielding the enormous mushrooms which pop out of the frigid ground. It really fit my mood of the last few days; a variety of personal and professional events have coalesced into a sort of dull ache in my heart, one well met with the peace of Evensong Woods at night. I'm hoping I'll be able to cheer myself up gradually, but something I've learned - hard won - is that often the best response to any emotion is to embrace it, feel it fully, and then let it go; the bright and sparkling days of our lives can be rooted in long, dark quiets and the dull ache reminding us of so many paths not taken.

Chick-a-dee

My amazing, striking, and appropriate mask is of a spring chickadee from Illusions, a gorgeously textured and fitting mask. It is fully editable, which meant that when it was a little too narrow for my face, it was the work of a few moments to get it broadened out. I love the line along the beak, and how the white is gently textured into its surrounding black, and when I saw it in Evensong Woods on my way to finding places for pictures I couldn't resist picking it up. My hair is one of the latest releases from Wasabi Pills, also available at the Fantasy Faire. I love that it's asymmetrical, with a gentle curve over one shoulder, and the best eartuck I've seen on the other side - it perfectly fit behind my ear. The drippy front of the hair reaches almost my waist, and there's a large poof of hair in the back, largely unseen in these pictures. I really love how natural it looks on me. Lassitude & Ennui (last seen in boots) also released this amazing dress with a removable jacket. I mix and matched two different combinations of colors - one black and white for the jacket and the other black and gray for the dress. It's a heavily corseted dress worked in shades of velvet richness. I particularly like the band of see-through fabric at the bottom of the skirt, which adds a really classy edge to the entire look. Finally, the only color in my outfit is this amazing jewelry set from AZE Designs, specially colored for the Fantasy Faire. In her release, she said she made the shells when she couldn't find any to suit her in mesh, and they are really striking designs and beautifully textured - simply a treat to wear.

Altar in the Woods

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow Mesh Eyes (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Cosmetics: Mock, Layla's Lilac Maurea Mod
Mask: Illusions, Chickadee Mask
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Erika Mesh Hair
(promotional item)
 Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Lassitude & Ennui, Gothic Doll (promotional item)
Jewelry: AZE Designs, RFL Limpet Set (promotional item)
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Spring (SLink Nail System)
Stockings: Vetra Messing, Sheer Stockings white
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Phoebe Mesh lace-up boots

Pose: !bang

Location: Evensong Woods
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment