Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Fantasy Faire: Flower Fairies Dancing in the Mists

Home Sweet Home

The additional days that Fantasy Faire has been left open means I'm getting a chance to revisit different sims wearing more lovely things I picked up while at the faire, and Lumenaria was high on my returning list - this time to focus on the central display area, around the fountain. I've also begun playing with the windlights; overall, the default windlights have all been gorgeous, but it's always fun to add my own twist - like the rich misty oranges added to Lumenaria. I love how the candy-colored sim is softened by the mistiness, anything in the distance faded out warmly and sweetly. The brightly colored flowers are easily reflected in my homemade crown of lollypop flowers from Sax Sheperd Designs. I linked them together myself, placing them somewhat haphazardly upon my brow, and the effect is amazing - like I'm becoming a rather outre garden. I tucked them well into another lovely Wasabi Pills hair (not a Fantasy Faire release), this one in orchid to match my purplish flowery look. I usually wear gold, but now and then I like to break out the more obscure colors she releases, all of them wonderful.

Entering the Falls

My cosmetics are one of the special Fantasy Faire releases from Pin Me Down; I'm wearing the whole look, but it's available in pieces, too - just the eyes, or just the lips. I always love hearts on lips. My gown, complete with matching accessories on the arms and brow, is from a fantastic store called The Library, released in the Relay for Life colors of white and purple. It's a cute empire waisted, rigged mesh sheath with metallic accents; diamonds rendered in silver with small balls on the top and bottom mark the neck and waist, as well as the arms and brow, making it a complete look in one. It fit me well, and was opaque for most of the dress except for the hem, which is sheer for the bottom foot and a half, or so, allowing whatever lovely shoes one is wearing to shine without losing the elegance of a floor length gown. Speaking of shoes, I'm wearing some fantastic add-ons to SLink's mesh feet that I picked up thanks to the sale going on at SLink until May 5th. They work with her rigged mesh feet, the flat ones; to wear the heels you have to pick up the rigged medium feet, and believe me I'm seriously considering it. Some of her shoes are absolutely fantastic, and you have the added bonus now of a perfect match for your feet as well, and customizable nails.

Balance and Imbalance

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Cosmetics: Pin Me Down, Myst 1 (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Nikki (promotional item)
Flowers: Sax Sheperd Designs, Lolly Flowers (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: The Library, Circe Dress (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Luster Ombre
Shoes: SLink, Ilena Sandals

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Lumenaria
Light Settings: Nacon's Dawn
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment