Monday, April 29, 2013

Fantasy Faire: Magnificat

Awkwaaaaard

I have such good news! Such good news I can barely contain myself!! The Fantasy Faire has been extended - again - this time into Tuesday! Isn't that amazing? It's always such a rush to try to get around everything, see everything, photograph everything, wring every little drop of beauty out of the faire and leave it panting and exhausted, and now we have another day. With this extra time, you absolutely have to come by Magnificat, the glorious, dreamy, watery stone city over a canal with ever-present ships going out to an eternal sunset.This was a year of many favorite sims, and Magnificat is near the top - reminding me so strongly of my attraction to Venice that I find myself dreaming without even meaning to.Another note - there is a story contest for what happens in the different sims after the stores go home and their usual inhabitants return, to be printed in the August Prim Perfect Magazine (details here). I have already written one story, and I have a few more thoughts that may find themselves shared in other venues since they're shorter than the thousand word minimum, but I really encourage everyone to take part and keep the fair lands alive.

Azure Daisy

I went for something a little more muted and sweet for this look, augmented by a few splashes of brilliant azure. The first bit of sky comes in the form of these daisies, one or the head and a second for the mouth, from the Panda Express. The flowers and butterflies are color changable through a variety of styles, from clean white to this rather vibrant shade of blue. Covering the growth spot of my headflower is a lovely hair from Secrets with gentle waves and a soft shade; this isn't a Fantasy Faire release like the rest, but it's still fantastic rigged mesh. On my shoulder is a chameleon dragon from the Dragonspire sim, one of the prizes from the Fantasy Faire Hunt by MadPea; most of the prizes are world items, but this one actually hatches out of a HUD egg you wear for an hour - so fun. The creator also owns Star Fire Point, and I feel quite inspired to go there hunting for more eggs, or other amazing attachments. I'm wearing Eclectica's newest release again, this time the turquoise instead of the ivory - isn't that color sublime? My dress is from Fatewear, which I understand usually does mens clothing, and I am so glad he branched out to give we ladies some love, because htis dress is gorgeous and well rigged. The bits of ruffle and two-tone design is simply fantastic; my only wish could be for brighter colors - the ones available at the Fantasy Faire are all muted shades that are very different from my usual style. Yes, Mr. Creatorman - dance to my whims! Make me everything I could ever dre--*falls over dead, an arrow through her throat* Finally, the boots decorating my beautiful corpse are from Lassitude & Ennui, and are as fantastic in gray and gold as they were in black and silver. Now, I have to go find a priest to resurrect me... so see you later!

May Hay While the Sun Shines

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Hair: Secrets, Lippy (promotional item)
Flowers: Panda Express, Mouth Daisy and Head Sprout
Dragon: Dragonspire, SPECIAL Chameleon (Fantasy Faire Hunt Prize)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Fatewear, Rochon - Emerald (Fantasy Faire Donation Item, promotional)
Necklace: Eclectica, Solaria - Turquoise (promotional item)
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Luster Ombre
Boots: Lassitude & Ennui, Edenion boots (Fantasy Faire Donation Item, promotional)

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Magnificat
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. Oh excellent news, as I haven't had a chance to visit at all yet. Will be sure to polish my horns and head on over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so glorious; I'm so glad you're going to get a chance to go. I wish these events could be even longer - even two weeks is too short.

    ReplyDelete