Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Monday Meme: My Three SL Wishes

Strawberry is at it again, this time with asking about our three wishes. I'm finding this unexpectedly difficult, because most of my wishes seem to have more to do with my offline limitations than limitations in Second Life per se. I'm not sure how well that plays into the whole meme - I imagine I'll read other peoples' posts and wish I'd waited and stolen - but here I go in any case.

2013-04-29 Titans Hollow_006
  1. I wish I had more money. I would love to have my own sim or two, invite in artists I particularly liked, or just build a dreamy and beautiful place gradually without any fear of paying for it. I'd love to be able to buy all the things I have my eyes on, and to pass out a little money to people who I think need it or would use it well. Being able to do all of that without worrying about making the payments would be a dream for me. Being able to have a string of art sims would be a blessing.

  2. I wish I had more time. There is so much in Second Life, so much always going on and in different places. There's so much I'd like to do as well. It really does sometimes feel like a Second Life, with it's own pressures and desires. If I had more time - to organize, to make art openings, to make musicals and plays, to organize my inventory - would also be a dream. I suppose I sound an awful dilettante, but it's undeniably true I have more things I'd like to do than the time to do it.

  3. I wish it was easier to share and receive information. It often feels like all of the communication means in Second Life are so circuitous and difficult that it's a wonder any of us know anything. I'm a notecard lover, but even I admit they are less than ideal for passing on information. There is no way to do pop up windows or mark things to be easily seen like in a video game for in-world games. Alerts from groups often don't arrive, or get lost when one crashes. I've often thought I would love it if the Second Life profile system on the web allowed us to "follow" different groups to get alerts, keeping track of what we have and have not seen, keeping a record in case we think later we'd like to know something, all linkable to a creator and a location if the person wishes. I'm not sure we'll ever see it, though.
If Wishes were Fishes we'd Walk on the Sea.

2013-04-29 Titans Hollow_001

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Musa, Tarja 3 (Fantasy Faire Donation Item, promotional)
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Betty (promotional item)
Flowers: Elysium, Maenad Crown (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Elysium, Purple/Blue Maenad Gown (Fantasy Faire Donation Item)
Necklace: House of Ruin, As Darkness Falls (Fantasy Faire Freebie)
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: A:S:S, Luster Ombre
Shoes: G Field, Knot Wedge Sandles

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Titans Hollow
Light Settings: Places Betham
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on both #2 and #3. I wish I had more time and SL really does need to think of a better communication resolution. Notecards and IMs just don't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, some sort of way that can help me be organized. It can be so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete