Thursday, April 11, 2013

SL DisneyBound – Week Four: Snow White

Snow White Born in Flowers

Once upon a time in a misty-gray world, a Raven and a Butterfly fell out of love and battled to the death. The Raven's sharp beak left golden dust and blue tears filtering down from a butterfly wing, and the Butterfly's sharp words drew blood and feathers from the Raven, and their wounds littered the snowing ice below as they both expired from their wounds. It wasn't until Spring when the ground began to bloom again, dust and tears, blood and feathers, snow and death rising from the ground and named by the birds Snow White. She emerged from the cage left of their dying wishes to see the world and find it made of equal parts light and dark, day and night, joy and grief, love and hate - each so mingled they can't be separated. The whispers of the bees and the whimpers of the swallows led her inexorably to the Apple of Desire, which tempted the palm of her hand, the shadows of her form, the icy bite of her teeth. She followed it's trail of passion to find it at last, caged and cold and shrouded in mists. Her fingers brushed the cold bars and they gave way before her, the apple transforming at her touch to fledgling and chrysalis, each having waited in crimson silence for their pain to return to them reborn. 'Eat Me' the Apple whispered, and she did. 'Eat me,' the world whispered, and she went to consume it all with a smile and a cut of canines.

Snow White vs Cage

Coming up with a look for Snow White almost undid me; it took me longer than any look to date, and unlike almost all of the older ones, everything I used except the corset came from already sorted clothing which I've owned for quite a while. The corset was my starting point; representing my science, Pisces, it's the only corset of Perception that I've indulged in, though I've been tempted by a bunch of the other Zodiac Releases she's had and I've picked up some of her jewelry. For the rest of the outfit I struggled, though. Although the colors vary widely, the roses and clothing attached to them are parts taken from G Field's indomitable Fairy dress with it's wide variety of skirts and it's beautiful texturing. I actually started with the skirt and then filled in the rest once I realized how well the corset and skirt fit together; thank everything that the dress was prim instead of rigged mesh, or I could have never pulled this off.

After a whole lot of trial and error, I finally settled on this very old dress release from Blue Blood - one of my favorites of her whitegoth releases, and a dress I actually have pulled out a few times for different looks because I like it so much. Again, since it was prim instead of mesh I was able to do a lot more nudging, including leaving off one of the sleeves so that my arm flowers would work out. The love of the Raven and Butterfly lived on in Eclectica's gorgeous heart jewelry, which like a lot of her releases was color changing so that I could make it match with the rest of my look. I also echoed the red in my gorgeous Adore & Abhor lipstick, pairing it with this dark, short style from Wasabi Pills to match up with Snow White's fabled lips as Red and Blood and Hair as dark as a Raven's Wing. The Fabled Apple of Desire is actually a free purchase in World's End Garden, the gorgeous sim where I took these pictures and the setting for my Fairy Tale.

Snow White Finds Peace

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Lips - Blood
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Claire Mesh (promotional item)
Flowers: G Field, Rose Fairy
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Eclectica, Antique Hearts
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Apple: World's End Garden, Apple of Desire
Shirt: Blue Blood, Fluture
Corset: Perception, Underbust Corset - Pisces
Skirt: G Field, Rose Fairy
Shoes: G Field, Flower Pumps "Eve"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: World's End Garden
Light Settings: Places Kumming
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments: