Sunday, April 7, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 15 - Boysenberry Field

Plumb the Purple Depths

Boysenberry Fields is a warm, snuggly set of colors - a brownish gray and a warm purplish pink - and I was feeling particularly warm and snuggly, and so ended up snuggling into this gorgeous beary hoodie from Violent Seduction in a rich shade of purple. It has these wonderful, but pockets - maybe on a future time I'll attempt to fill them with something appropriate, like candy or frogs. I crowned it in Wild Things style with this adorable new crown from Dilly Dolls - who also supplied my cute short skirt and a pair of heels I tinted to match the overall look. I loved the style when similar crowns in gray and white were released for FreeStyle, and these are just darling and come in white and black with dark and light versions of the colors. My Dilly Dolls fuscia was match with this awesome fuscia lipstick from Adore & Abhor, while I echoed the paler pink in my beary Violent Seduction ears is echoed in a simple eyeshadow from Elymode. I like pulling individual shades out of a look to reflect in cosmetics; I think it's a subtle way to pull together a look without getting too "matchy." My hair was by far the hardest part of this look - I went through two stores before finally settling on this short hairstyle from Wasabi Pills, and am considering making a new section of my hair organization "fits under hood".

An Arresting Scene

Around my neck, I tucked this really awesome scarf from Miel which was thankfully editable enough to make it fit; much as I love mesh, several of the looks I've done over the past few months would have been a lot harder if all of my inventory was mesh. That being said, my SLink hands fit perfectly under the Violent Seduction hoodie arms, and I even got to have the little thumbs through the holes which always makes me giggle when I see them. Wriggle and be free, little thumbs! Wriggle and be free! The mesh skirt from Dilly Dolls is also rigged mesh and yet, using a couple sizes smaller than my usual, I was able to fit it and make a really polished, yet adorable look. The stockings are from G Field, and I actually tinted them slightly antiqued to match the brownish-gray of my Miel scarf. Those slightly tinted toes got tucked into majorly tinted shoes, also from Dilly Dolls, so that I was co-ordinated from crown to toes.

Momentary Nap

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Aestali - Cream Rose
Eyes: De La Soul, RooMee Eyes - Rainbow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Brown & Pink
Lipsticks: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Lips Fuscia
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Princess Mesh (promotional item)
Crown: Dilly Dolls, Hearty Crown
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Hoodie: Violent Seduction, Ferale Hoodie
Scarf: Miel, Fringe Scarf - leafy
Skirt: Dilly Dolls, Kasset Black
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Tights: G Field, Print Tights
Shoes: Dilly Dolls, Saula Dark Heels

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Split Screen: The Scribbled Cliffs
Light Settings: Phototools - Dream Book 02
Water Settings: Mirror Glass

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. lol i really like the 'fits under the hood' hairs ;) great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, I'm glad you like that idea!

    ReplyDelete