Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SL DisneyBound – Week Ten: Flotsam & Jetsam

What Are You Looking At?

This is another couples Disneybound Challenge - of two villainous side kicks Flotsam and Jetsam instead of someone closer to the center stage. They are actually two moray eels, drawn to be green instead of the more usual brown of actual moray eels. I'm incredibly fond of the actual animal, having met one I really liked, but I was never as fond of the characters from The Little Mermaid - they seemed mostly to be around to snicker and be not from the fairytale; since I'm part Dane and greatly attached to Hans Christian Andersen, the Disney version of A Little Mermaid is probably one of the ones which annoys me most (Pocahontas beats her out because RACISM). I had a lot of fun setting myself up in all green, and I ended up deciding at the last minute to set up one of my alts - Deoridhe Resident - as a petite in all green, which brought up a few issues. Posing with two individuals is hard enough, but with a person and a petite it would be nearly impossible, so I decided to do a two-part photoshoot, taking pictures of Deoridhe Quandry in the wild and adding in Deoridhe Resident from her safe photography bubble above my platform.

New Home?

I tried to match lighting and color as much as I could, but it was surprisingly complicated. Not only did I need to get the lighting right, I also needed to tint the background so I could fit her into the frame without too much of a halo around her. I'm thinking next time I might make her glow a little bit - fairy like - in order to cover for some of these deficits. I think I needed to light her up with some sources in addition to the windlight, though; the main issue seems to be how less pink petite Deoridhe is compared to big Deoridhe. I totally had a ball with my foray into photoshop and selecting, though, and I hope you like my specialized version of Flotsam and Jetsam, who are here.

Sly Glances

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Quandry:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Dk Green (smoked)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick 1: Rue, Lip Service ~ Gother Than Thou
Lipstick 2: Mock, Vitrail Lip Glass - Black Licorice
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Alicia (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Blue Blood, Isabella
Jewelry: Lassitude & Ennui, Macabre (promotional item)
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, frenchies flower
Stockings: G Field, Button Socks
Shoes: G Field, Ribbon Slingback Shoes

Resident:

Body: The Sugar Garden, Petite BJD: Nariko "BabyDoll Blue"
Hair: Exile, Eva
Dress: Bare Rose, Maidress C2

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Beltane
Light Settings: Phototools - Breakwave Building Light
Water Settings: Nacon's Lake Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment