Sunday, May 12, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 19 - Morning Glory

I Scream

It all starts with a smile is a new-to-me sim, and I have to admit I am deeply grieved by the fact that all too often I first hear of beautiful sims in time for them to go away. This one is particularly charming, a small town surrounded by gently rolling hills topped with cherry trees in full bloom. Since cherry blooming season is so short, it's nice to be able to visit a facsimile of it in-world, to pose beneath the cherries and enjoy the gently floating petals.I also really liked the small town, with it's candy colored storefronts and pristine cobblestone steps. There aren't stores here, but there is an amazing Ice Cream Parlor with one of my favorite quotes: "You can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and it's almost the same thing."

It's a very sweet sim, especially in the small details, which is what I love for my style of photography. When I am trying to photograph my shorter-than-average avatar in the world, these small details become much more important to me than they do for landscape photographers; the background, and how well made and interesting it is, is central to my pictures and what ones I take. I'm going to do my next photoshoot here as well and do some comparing of how different windlights change the mood and style of a sim; here, to match my Twisted Color Challenge shades of bright blue and pale pink for Morning Glory I went for a sweet blue and pink with clear, white light. I wanted to bring out the pastels in the world, lightly gleaming in the sweet morning light.

Ready for the Day

My hair, with it's adorable pigtails, is a new release from Wasabi Pills which is unrigged mesh, which means I was able to stretch it a little to make the pig tails only cover the ends of my ears. I really like the fan effect and curls down, which sets it apart from other pigtails I always have in my inventory. My cosmetics come from another sadly-closing place - Croire, which is having a 50% off sale for a while as the last hurrah. There is some lovely stuff there, so go check it out. Crowning my ears is a new release from Illusions, simple bands of string which is texture-change on touch as well as tintable, and are just a fun addition to my ears. It's been a while since I was rocking my massive-jewelry ears, and these are a sort of sweet throwback to them while staying more simple. My jewelry is an older release from Eclectica, her antique heart set which I simply adore. I've reshaded it to gold and pink for this look, and it along with my amazing stockings from G Field, really represent the soft and sweet pink of Morning Glory.

My dress and shoes are from a new-to-me store which I found through some of the cross-sim discount programs called Liv Glam; for a very low price, you get some really pretty dresses and shoes with HUD-based retexturing. I was particularly struck by how it was packaged - it is actually packaged in the HUD, which means that HUD serves two purposes; it both recolors the clothing and serves as a redelivery for other sizes of mesh if necessary. These are template-based dresses, but they are priced in keeping with that which makes them much more within reach of an ever-dwindling pocketbook; I ended up picking up a whole lot in a short amount of time, so you'll be seeing them here again sometime soon. Finally, my amazing pale blue nails and my Sheepie accessories are releases from Adore and Abhor, and I simply couldn't resist pairing a purse and a stuffie even though the pink of my stuffie is much brighter than Morning Glory; I simply love them together, and I thought this fit my child-like, sweet look very well. I entirely failed to get a good picture of the nails, but they are simply and clear colored and a simply gorgeous pastel without any of the graying that sometimes happens with very pastel colors.

Alone

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Ear Deco: Illusions, Wrapped Cords
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Cosmetics: Croire, Psychadelic Palette
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Sunny (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Dress: Liv Glam, Jasmyne Print Dress
Jewelry: Eclectica, Antique Hearts
Hands: SLink, Mesh Hands
Nails: Adore & Abhor, Sheer
Purse: Adore & Abhor, Sheepie Purse
Stuffed Animal: Adore & Abhor, Aries Sheepie
Stockings: G Field, Button Socks
Boots: Liv Glam, Sandy Boots

Poses: Glitterati

Location: It all starts with a smile
Light Settings: Gwen's Light
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet words and such a beautiful well written post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it. Your sim is really such fun.

    ReplyDelete