Thursday, May 23, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 21 - Bathroom Tile

Gleam

This twisted challenge is named, rather depressingly, Bathroom Tile, but the color combination itself is absolutely gorgeous. I love the sea green and warm brown - very impressive, and incredibly difficult to find. Tinting the sky of the gorgeous sim Kick was a whole lot easier, making it a gorgeous shade of sea green with brown clouds that I promptly ignored for most of my pictures... opps. The sim is gorgeous, though - very watery with lots of interesting lights and plants all over the place, with a photography display in the middle up a few levels. My sea green bits are fairly straightforward - a gorgeous jewelry set from A&Ana is actually the only thing in this look that hasn't been tinted to match. It was a deal at The Dressing Room Fusion that at first I hadn't picked up, but when I saw the shades for this week I simply couldn't resist. It's in several pieces, but all of them are pretty inexpensive, so go ahead and splurge. The other sea green piece is most of this gorgeous dress from The Muses, a store I discovered during the fantasy faire and that I sought out hoping for this peculiar shade of greyish green. No luck on that front, but I did end up picking up this sweet dress in every color, including ivory, the ivory part turning out to be very helpful in this challenge. The shoulder flowers, skirtband, and dress are all separate pieces, making it simplicity to mix and match tint. One other thing I really liked was how thick the mesh was, both in terms of covering under the skirt and in terms of how it hit the skin; there's a substantialness to how it was made which really helped in a wide variety of poses, even relatively difficult ones like arms-over-head. A lot of mesh releases are very thin, a single face and invisible inside, but how this mesh was formed it looks and moves like a heavy sort of worked silk.

Look at the Reflection

The brown pieces begin with The Muses dress, since i tinted the flower trim around the hem to match the sort of muddy brown; I had tried tinting the shoulder flowers as well, but next to this exquisite collar from Plastik it was simply too much brown at the neck. The collar was also tinted, from gold to this shade of brown, is also mesh, and is actually rigged, which means it frames my face beautifully as I change poses. I actually have hunted for this collar multiple times, having resisted it once on the feeds, wanted it for a look, bought it and lost where I put it, and now finally using it for an entirely different purpose. It also has a substantial feel - not a single thin layer, but a smooth, weighty curve of fabric. Finally my boots - the only other untinted part of this look - which are from my go-to boot store, G Field. The cool thing is, the teal feather is actually part of the shoe - it's darker than the sea green of the look, but it is still freaking awesome looking. Overall, I'm really pleased with this look, somewhat pleased with the pictures, and dreading going back into my blog to try to get my labels working so they are actually useful, instead of a mess. Wish me luck.

Jesus in Three Inch Heels

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace (promotional item)
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow (promotional item)
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Turquoise (iced) Liz
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Sunny (promotional item)
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Collar: Plastik, Devastation Collar
Dress: The Muses, Memory
Jewelry: A&Ana's Fashion, Emeraude (The Dressing Room Fusion)
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Frenchie Floral
Shoes: G Field, Open Boots "Vilda"

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Kick
Light Settings: Nacon's Day Mood2
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment