Monday, May 27, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 22 - Autumn in Soho

Unusual Trees

Charlie recently redid his woods to include more mesh and more densely placed trees, so I ended up going down to Amras to explore and take some pictures for Autumn in Soho, a really fun color combination more in keeping with my recent November Rain post that the balmy and warm weather I'm enjoying offline. I went for a theatrical, over the top look this time, because the brownish-yellow shade was perfectly rendered my Blue Blood in an enormous number of her outfits, though it took a while to find one which was overwhelmingly ocher instead of mostly black. This is one of my favorite styles of her dresses - poofy side skirts and tenderly rendered, tactile textures. Since it is prim and texture, it works wonderfully under this World Goth Faire Exclusive corset set from Perception, which brought in the dull orange which matched the other color in Autumn in Soho.I had already had the hairstyle from Analog Dog on, an old favorite with some heavy buckles and a sort of industrial feel to it, and I thought it suited the overall look and feel rather well - Soho is an industrial sort of place in New York City, a place full of artists and visionaries, most of them living hand to mouth.

Tall Oaks

I went of a family vacation to New York one time, my mom and brother and I, and we spent a day in Soho exploring. I vividly remember finding a tiny Conceptual Art Museum along one of the dank streets, an enormous window in the front with chairs arranged inside of it and a sign to the side describing this "Conceptual Art Project" of humanity watching humanity. Once inside, my brother and I wrote out dramatic notes about how we were trapped and couldn't get out, trying to lure people in to play with us; I still laugh remembering it. I wanted to add a hint of that wildness and unpredictability, so I pulled out these amazing butterflies from Boom and tinted them slightly grayer to match the ocher of my dress. The way they fly up and out still enchants me, and I hope you can see why I picked up so many colors of them. For cosmetics, I wanted something completely over the top and amazing, and I immediately thought of these cosmetics I had picked up from MiaSnow during her attempt to raise the Linden for her rent. I'm very happy to report she succeeded, and is back in world free and clear. This eyeshadow combination is astonishing, thickly laid layers of black, yellow, orange, and red, gleaming and theatrical. I added in the final piece of orange with these shoes from Lassitude & Ennui, which so perfectly matched that I didn't need to adjust them in tone at all. The final effect is gothic, theatrical, creepy, and yet still somehow doll-like; I love the combination of poofy skirt and narrow waist, of enormous sleeves and narrow wrists.

Arising from Underhill

More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace - Creamer
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Miasnow, XP eyeshadow
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Lipstick 1: Adore & Abhor, Lips Mono
Hair: Analog Dog, bound gold
Butterflies: Boom, Metamorphisis
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Corsets: Perception, Black Leather Flame (World Goth Faire)
Dress: Blue Blood, Shiver
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Skully pumps

Poses: Glitterati

Location: Isle of Amras
Light Settings: Bristol
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment