Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fate and the Library

Front Entrance

I've been rather drowning in challenges lately, which is a lot of fun but can also be very challenging, and so I decided to take a small break and pull out a few mixed things to show off to you all - giving myself a night off, as it were. The storyline at Isle of Amras, where I roleplay, has gotten very dark recently, and right in the middle of doom, gloom, and destruction the sim owner gave us a new and very awesome library, which I broke into, explored from entrance to hidden room in the attic, and now am sharing with you all. Charlie is excellent at fitting a new place into an old footprint, so the rest of the upper keep remained the same, but the library is now much more intricate, beautiful, and full of things. The gorgeous dress I'm wearing is a release form a new branch of Fate called Fateplay, aimed at the roleplaying contingent on Second Life and stretching Fate's style to include women, and I really adore what he's made so far.The combination of shape and texture really make sublime, subtle clothing, and it was a dream how easy it was to fit. It also moves very well, especially in the skirt, which can sometimes get a little dodgy depending on rigging. Each angle and pose was smooth and clean, with the folds occurring realistically an attractively even when the skirt is stretched a bit.

Level Stare

My poses are all from Flowey, an animation store I was introduced to by Whiskey Monday, and I love how naturalistic they are. I was aiming for a very realistic, naturally lit look, and I think the poses really enable that aesthetic to be centered. I'm really feeling the fact I don't do any post-processing on my images, though, especially for the lines around the nose above - more than once I have wished the Second Life mesh were superior to what it is. There is only so much lighting alone can do. My hair is a very recent release from Wasabi Pills and is an echo of an older style (that one with beads) but now with rigged mesh, which means that it moves beautifully with each pose, the curves of braid perfectly placed. I really love the strands of loose hair off to the side, too, which give it that little edge of verisimilitude. My jewelry and my shoes are from the same place - Lassitude & Ennui - and to be a little vain, I am very happy with the effect of the light and shadow on her gorgeous necklace - the way the links of chain were highlighted is simply wonderful, and really show off how well-made her jewelry is. The boots are a fun, flat style, and I chose a vivid crimson to echo back to the story of the Red Shoes. It has a bloody end, but then those are fairly common... aren't they?

Lamplight

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Sarah
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Corner of Olive and Vine Foiled
Wings: Deviance, Titania Mesh Fairy Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Deco
Jewelry: Lassitude & Ennui, Dewdrop Jewelry
Dress: Fateplay, Wende
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Edonion boots

Pose: Flowey


Location: Isle of Amras - The Library

Light Settings: Phototools, Horizon Building Light
Water Settings: Pond

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment