Monday, August 12, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Twenty One: Rapunzel

Up on the Edge

I have been wanting to show off this dress from Jane for ages, and Rapunzel made the perfect excuse for a textured, purpley-pink robe that allows for swinging around, climbing, and general tomfoolery. I love the layered effect, and all of the different designs Jane did with it - this lighter fade over a darker pattern is in three tones, while three different tones have a more elemental aesthetic. You can see how well and smoothly it moves, and I love the broad shoulder straps and squared bodice as well. The length is short enough to be flirty, but long enough to cover everything critical, and the mesh is line inside up quite a ways, though if one uses alpha layers to prevent clipping there is a certain height where it stops working well. I chose the shoes to match with the lower, crosshatched layer of dark purple and light pink; they're a very new release from Schadenfreude, and if you get the fatpack you can tint all different parts of it different shades. I chose pink for the toe and heel, and the darker purple for the sides, and I really think that they are glorious together.

Float and Dance

The Schadenfreude shoes are available at the Collabor88 Birthday Event, as is the hair from Wasabi Pills. It's a gorgeous short, curling style with the most adorable headband, perfect for layering with some of the jewelry available at that same event. What I love about her hairs is that almost always the curls are far enough back to easily clear my ears (my eternal favorites, from Illusions), which means I can take pictures from every angle, instead of having to be careful. I tugged out a caged bird necklace and a shiny little crown from Krystal as the icing on this particular look;I have no idea when or where I got these, but aren't they adorable? I love the pink and blue together, and the gleam of each tiny prim as I wear them. Finally, the wings from Deviance are one of the commons from the Fantasy Gatcha Event, and I really adore them. One thing I discovered between now and then is that when you fly, these wings flap in response. Isn't that delightful? I love learning new things, even if I probably should have learned them from reading a notecard...

On the Edge of Rest

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Claudette
Crown: Krystal, Miss Imperial - Mini Tiara
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: De La Soul, Charlie Makeup - Ink
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe  Wings (Fantasy Gatcha Faire)
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: A. E. Meth, Tie-Dye Nails
Jewelry: Krystal, Bird Cage Necklace
Dress: Jane, Carolina Dress
Shoes: Schadenfreude, Casinelle

Poses: Long Awkward Pose


Location: Isle of Amras: Castle

Light Settings: Mod of TOR Foggy Windlight
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment