Sunday, August 25, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 34: Preppy Violet

Sun Bright

I pulled together Preppy Violet a while ago, and then got completely distracted and didn't photograph it until today. It's a pulled together outfit - while the top and the bottom are both from Sn@tch, they're from different outfits at Sn@tch, and this marks one of the few times I have gone and purchased clothing specifically to try to fulfill a challenge - because these colors are rare and difficult to find. Pastels that are this pale are very difficult to separate out, and Sn@tch is awesome for giving a variety of colors of a certain type - including pastel only. I kept my hair very pale as well, using one of the rainbowtastic prizes from Alice Project to top my head and add a bit of variety to my pastel. My gorgeous jewelry, made of blocks of gems and long-threaded, softly shaded pearls is from Donna Flora, and is an absolute credit to her style and taste. In addition to the earrings and necklace there is a lovely, loose bracelet and a ring.

Branches Whisper

Finally, at the tip of my SLink feet are these amazing slip-on shoes from Lassitude & Ennui. I had originally been considering some sort of flimsy neglige outfit, as these seemed the sort of shoes one would keep within a boudoir, but when I saw how cute and flirty this outfit was, with the transparent top, I simply couldn't resist adding them in. I love that SLink is inviting other shoe makers to make shoes for her feet, too - it makes wearing them a snap. I also spent a chunk of time organizing my poses today, and re-discovered a store I had found during one of the pose events - Grafica - to try out in the field. They're really lovely, fluid poses without noticeable buckling of the body mesh. One issue I run into with poses is that my arms are longer than standard SL women's arms (I aim for fully proportional), which means that often my hands end up in my head. In the case of Grafica this hasn't been a problem in the two head-approaching poses I have, which is nice.

Falling Back

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Alice Project, Alexis
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Solstice - frost purple
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Adore & Abhor, Shimmer Fades
Shirt: Sn@tch, Topsey Crochet Sweater
Jewelry: Donna Flora, Eccentrica
Shorts: Sn@tch, May Crystal Set
Feet: SLink, Mesh Feet
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Opium Mules

Poses: Grafica

Location: Scribbled Hearts
Light Settings: Phototools, Angles Light
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment