Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Twisted Color Challenge: Week 39: French Quarter

The Audience Is Not There

French Quarter is an amazing combination of colors, a soft dull brown and a gleaming gold, and I was instantly inspired to something a touch more... sensual than is my usual style. This gorgeous, flirty bit of lingerie from Baiastice seemed perfect for a burlesque review when dressed up with stockings and spike heels, and the color was simply perfect when I saw it at My Attic. It's corset-centered with soft, fluttery cloth over the top of my butt. I really love the shape and style of it, especially when I could dress it up with a flash pair of heels, like these beribboned ones from SLink. The steel heel is a particularly nice touch - perfect for keeping off customers who get a little handsy. These were the first SLink heels I picked up, and what really sold me were the thin ribbons wrapped around the foot - I simply adored how it looked, and now that is can add these stockings from Adam n Eve over top, they're simply sublime.

Hot Lights

I added these amazing wings from Illusions and tinted them to match - the gold is one of the vein textures included, but you can edit the membrane separately to tint it to any color you want - which is such a boon to rainbow fairies like myself.Topping my head, and rounding out the brown a little bit, is this new hair from Wasabi Pills - this really cute, casual style worked surprisingly well with the higher glam style of this burlesque outfit. I really like how loose and easy the braid is - it looks natural and fun. I added some bright red lips - a combination of Heartsick and Mock - to make sure the whole look didn't get too casual. I love Mock for the glossy and rich color it adds to solid colors below. Finally, my amazing jewelry from Eclectica rounds out the gold end of the French Quarter - this is one of her older releases, but I really love the chunky style of it, and the double chain. It also comes with a bracelet (worn) and a belt (not shown), which really add to the set as a whole. Finally, a look is only as good as the poses which show it off, and I was able to pull out some of the more fun dance poses from Grafica to show off, thanks to the abbreviated bottom on my outfit, and I really had a ball. I need to invest in some more micro-minis so I can show off the rest.

Sweet Smiles

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene Skin porcelain
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Akiko
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick 1: Heartsick, Morticia
Lipstick 2: Mock, Mizu Venetian
Wings: Illusions, Apsara
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Nails: Nine Inch Nails, Deco
Jewelry: Eclectica, Deco Knot
Outfit: Baiastice, Lingerie Corset (My Attic)
Stockings: Adam n Eve, Brown Seam Stockings
Shoes: SLink, Lulu

Poses: Grafica


Location: The Looking Glass
Light Settings: Abracadabra 2

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

2 comments: