Thursday, January 30, 2014

Artsy Sunshine

Sheltered Gold

I ended up taking advantage of the two unworked LEA sims for some water pictures I often don't get a chance to - enormous water settings. I love playing with reflections, and now I get to see how reflections and shadows work together to make a complete image. I also ended up making a monochromatic look - all in shades of yellow - which was rather fun. I was inspired by this dress from Lark which had been on sale for a twenty four hour window I missed (damn you, time), but which was still more than lovely at it's full price. The second I saw this bright, clear yellow I knew which I wanted; I'm not an enormous yellow fan in general, but this one was so bright and astonishing that I simply couldn't resist. I also really liked the shape - a casual and loose shift with and angled hem. It's very simplicity is what makes the bright color work; anything more ornate would be overpowering. I paired it with jewelry from Virtual Impressions, though in this case the included yellow wasn't quite bright enough to match, and so I ended up tinting it. I was aiming for something as simple as the dress, and these floating pearls fit the bill beautifully. My one wish would have been for a bracelet to add to the set, something simple but dripping; I tried filling in a few things from my inventory, but nothing quite worked, so in the end I went bare. I did move the hoop earrings out to the tips of my ears, though, which is something I often do when my hair, in this case a loose cut from Wasabi Pills, covers the earlobe.

Warm Gold

My boots are another recent release, this time from SLink, and are yet another style for her high heels. I simply adore the cutouts, and I keep my fingers crossed that we might have lace in our future - tall boots with lace detailing down the side are one of my favorites. The styling of this pair reminded me vaguely of the strappy shoes worn in Roman times, and I thought they took a casual look and elevated it a little higher into bold garden party. My cosmetics are a lips and eyeshadow combo - unusual for me - and are from Beautiful Freak. I love the pastel color of it, especially on the lips. It rides a little high on my lower lip, which lead to this lovely fade form yellow to pink which I found terribly charming. My nails are an amazing new release from A:S:S which mimic different gemstones, which makes me unbearably happy in a way I find difficult to describe. The second I saw these on Flickr I was going to the store and seeking them out; semiprecious stones are so gloriously gorgeous. I was trying for deliberately artsy and emotional pictures this time, in honor of this being an LEA sim even if there wasn't an actual artist in residence, and the all time best poses for artsy is Flowey. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what emotions I was going for - serene? Casual? (Ironically) Reflective?

Golden Daydreams

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Wasabi Pills,
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Cosmetics: Beautiful Freak, Frozen Makeover
Eyelashes: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe Wings
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Jewelry: Virtual Impressions, Daniella
Nails: A:S:S, Precious 2
Dress: Lark, Savannah Dress
Shoes: SLink, Quinn

Poses: Flowey

Location: LEA10
Light Settings: Lo Light 04
Water Settings: Glassy

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment