Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fall in the Spring

Chilling Night on the Town

It's such a strange thing, how seasons work. If you only view the world through a narrow lens, they are very straightforward. The second you widen your gaze, they become infinitely more complex. For example, one of the interesting stories of the Greeks is about Persephone - who as Kore was kidnapped into the Underworld by her Uncle Hades, who decided he wants her. As I learned the story, she was kidnapped in fall and that is why we have winter - Demeter causes the world to die until her brother-in-law returns her daughter to her - but in the original Greek cycle it happened in spring, and the burning dryness of the summer when nothing could grow and everything dried hollow was when Demeter removed her bounty. The whole myth was quietly re-imagined to fit a new environment, and the original turning of the year was left unremarked and unrealized for many who heard the story who lived in Northern Climes, where summer is growth and winter is death instead of vice versa. One of the side effects of a wider distribution of culture is that it has lost touch with on-the-ground experiences; there's an aspect of unreality which is part of universality - the more abstract we are, the farther we are from the blood and bone of life.

Knee Deep

This look was inspired by a dress I fell in love with when I saw it on SL Freebie Hunters when they covered the Twisted Hunt, and so I had to have it. These days, I rarely do a full hunt, and so sites like SL Freebie Hunters do me a major service by sharing all of the different options so that I can pick and choose. It's based off of a well made template, complete with full interior texturing, and lacy edging. The texturing job Shoenique did was amazing; I adore the flame effects and layered levels of black, and I decided to go full on candle frame for the rest of the look. The stockings are also a freebie in the twisted hunt, this time from Witches & Rats. It comes with appliers for SLink feet, which I used, and Phat Azz appliers. I really love the stars and moons, and definitely need these in more colors. The rest of my look isn't free, but I think you'll find this amazing hair from Underscore is well worth the cost - especially with these beautiful flowers to tuck in. Both the hair and the flowers have color-changing HUDs, and they're editable so you're able to further tint them to match a look. My shoes, which are totally adorable, come from Has Been and are also both HUD tintable and manually tintable - I am loving this trend. I went with blue and white to represent the heart of the candle flame, where the fire is brightest. I shelled out for the light and dark fatpack, which means that I could mix and match dark and light shades. I'm really on fire this Spring, I think.

Evening's Glow

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Underscore, Come Undone
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyeliner: Adam n Eve, Hepsut
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Shreveport Lips
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Feet
Dress: Shoenique, On Fire (Twisted Hunt)
Stockings: Witches & Rats, Witchy Socks (Twisted Hunt)
Shoes: Has Been, Dizzy Peep Toe

Poses: Exposeur

Location: Havendale Village
Light Settings: TOR, DUSK Beachin'
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment