Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Meme: Book Cover Meme

Meme Monday: Forgotten Beasts of Second Life

Images for Strawberry's Book Cover Meme based on the book "The Forgotten Beasts of Eld" by Patricia McKillip found at this link. I took a number of liberties, mostly based around the limitations of Second Life and aiming for a more dynamic image -I started closer to the original book and moved closer to my final product. I included all of my breedables long gone, which I no longer breed because it simply wasn't financially sustainable, but which I love nonetheless - Meeroo up front, one of my favorite rainbow eyed Amaretto Horses behind, and a KittyCats behind. I also have a few different pets, one from Silent Sparrow and another pair from Tokushi Avatars. In the book, Sybel lives alone in the mountains with the mythical creatures that her father summoned; he had also summoned her mother in a similar manner - demanding her presence without regard for her wishes. When she is sixteen, a baby is also left with her, and she learns to love him despite herself, and despite having very little experience with people. When his family comes to reclaim him, she is pulled into a world she has never known and learns how to hate and, finally, how to love.

( More pictures here. )

4 comments:

  1. Very elaborate cover and so very you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I love the story - if you haven't read it, you should try it.

      Delete
  2. I must admit, I glanced over your book cover with out much thought but came back to it and read your scenario....now I want to read the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is completely amazing. I love almost all of her books; they're challenging and lyrical.

      Delete