Sunday, March 30, 2014

Rainbows from the Shadows

On the Edge of Mysteries

I love rainbows. This is something most people know about me fairly quickly - I own a lot of rainbows, use rainbows in decorations, and keep crystals and brightly colored things handy in most circumstances.What I love most about them is how ably and immediately they demonstrate the true value of harmony; there is no uniformity in a rainbow - rather each shade stands out as itself - and yet each color cooperates with the ones around them to make a glorious, divergent whole. Every half year or so I pull together a new rainbow outfit, and this time I decided to go full-on Lolita, combining together a variety of clothes from across a great deal of Second Life time. On the older end of the scale is this amazing dress from Psych0, which is entirely made out of prims and textures. I chose it in part because I was showing dances, and I wanted them to have more movement than mesh allows for, and in part because Lolita in rigged mesh is fairly rare. I have loved this dress for a long time, though, and I was please to bring it out and jazz it up with a part-mesh, part-system-layer shirt from Violent Seduction. She released a ton of these in a ton of colors for layering under lowercut, otherwise Lolita style clothing, and the big bonus are these rigged mesh arms, which keep the poof and the frills of the Lolita look perfectly. The nice thing is, since it has a system layer, I can keep the older rainbow top of the Psych0 dress while still having all the advantages of mesh sleeves. The dress comes with a separate collar and bow as well, but I switched out the included black bow for a rainbow bowtie from Remarkable Oblivion, which carried the rainbow effect up toward my face. It's meant to be a hairbow, but I shrunk it down and tucked it in against my collarbone and it works beautifully.

Flower Lolita

My hair is fromt he middle of the mesh era, a lovely tousled Lolita style from Curio Obscura which has her characteristic thick, full texturing and shape. Even as she's embraced mesh, her style has remained fairly consistent and she's an example of someone making Lolita in rigged mesh, even mesh which could fit a male body. I tucked in a new headband released by Adore & Abhor which I simply adore - though sadly it didn't have rainbow textured flowers. It's a little spiky, but given the creepy Mlastina de Moarte I was wandering around in, a felt a little preparation was in order. The wings are from a Deviance gacha and are, unlike a lot of rainbow things in gachas, once of the commons. I adore her shading here, especially at the points where the colors meet; overlapping colors can become muddy, but she keeps each of them distinct and beautiful. And finally, I pulled up my skirt briefly to show off my lovely bloomers, something I picked up a long time ago from Scribble, and these amazing rainbow boots from Epic which I fell in love with as soon as I saw them. They had been mouldering in my "To Be Opened" folder since I picked them up, and I was all too happy to tug them out and prance around the marshy downs with them. They are, as the store name implies, completely epic and gorgeous, with subtle colors and patterning that move beautifully. I simply adore them and can't say too many good things except... I wish they came with white detailing in addition to the black and other colors.

Stolkings

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Curio Obscura, Princessy Hairstyle
Crown: Adore & Abhor, Princess Headband
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Eyeshadow: Mock, Silver
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Dark Passions, Koffin Nails
Shirt: Violent Seduction, Lolita Blouse
Dress: Psych0, Rainbow Cupcake
Bow: Remarkable Oblivion, Briar Bow
Bloomers: Scribble, Bloomers
Shoes: Epic, Neo-Trekker's Goot Gear

Pose: Exposeur

Location: Mlastina de Moarte
Light Settings: TOR, DUSK Vision of Something
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment