Saturday, March 15, 2014

Seeking the Depths of Sundarya Lahari

Falling In

It's not always easy to combine fashion photography and art sims, but I do my best - though it does result in a lot more distance images than my usual. In this case, I thought the effect of shadows, lights, and some sincerely bizarre backgrounds as I explored the The {Lost} Garden of Sundarya Lahari and plumb the depths of its unusual story. I dressed appropriately for exploring a strange and ever-changing land - spike heels and a slashed micro-mini. Isn't that what everyone wears for a hike among vines and pentacled cephalopods? My dress is from Asteria Creations, and while it isn't my usual style, I simply couldn't resist it. I'm an enormous fan of cutouts, and this dress was covered in them while still mostly maintaining my dignity. It's an amazing, smooth curve on the hips, and a lovely fall of ribbon at the shoulder. It also moves well, especially for something which has so many gaps. The spike heels to go with it are a recent release from Felicity with some lovely rings which go down the front of the foot. I went with a contrasting color, bright and shiny yellow, setting off the rich dark blue of my dress.

Sweet Curves

My hair was a present from a dear friend, a gacha prize from EMO-tions which combines a hairbase and a lovely and simple hairstyle, decorated by narrow braids over the shoulders and from the hair pulled back on the sides. This is actually very like a style I used to wear offline, sleek and simple and sweet. The fade into the hairbase is a little rocky, but that's pretty standard for combining mesh and texture bases, and the hairbase makes it that much more realistic in appearance. I added enormous steampunk wings to finish the look, also gacha prizes, these come from Death Row Designs and combine a common - the large wing with the chain and bolts - and a smaller "flutter" wing which can move. In some shots I have it stab;e, and it others I let it go so I could play catch-the-perfect-shot. I wanted something heavy and metallic to balance out the rest of my look and offer up contrast, like the contrast of the large, strange creature in The {Lost} Garden of Sundarya Lahari and the enormous metal frame allowing her to continue to have children even after her death.

Drifting Upward

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: EMO-tions, Legolan
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Mock, Gunpowder Indifference
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Glasside Lip
Wings: Death Row Designs, Steamflutters
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: Elephante, Ice
Dress: Asteria Creations, Niege Mesh Mini
Bracelet: Earthstones, Flower for Sway
Shoes: Felicity, Whitney  Stilettos

Pose: Grafica

Location: The {Lost} Garden of Sundarya Lahari

Light Settings: TOR, MIIDDAY Why So Blue
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment