Sunday, March 2, 2014

Unexpected Transmission

Trying to Find a Way Home

Futurewave finished in February, before I got this look together and photographed, but it was an amazing first, sci-fi focused event with the distinction of being completely non-fandom, which I thought was rather a nice touch and brought a lot more interesting things to the table. This amazing, spiky hair from Underscore which wasn't part of the event, but it seemed absolutely perfect when I got it. Underscore sells hair types with a HUD to change the colors, and this is one of the gray/silver versions of this hair - an unusual color for me, but perfectly fitting my poor, lost TechAngel. The silver array around my neck is from Spyralle, and unfortunately it is not (yet?) available at her store. It's a really, really unique design, and I particularly like how it frames around my head with the movements of lights up to the tips. I'd love to see it in more colors; Spyralle is known for her bright, amazing textures, and I could see those really being an asset with a variety of Fashion Arrays. The eyebanding is from Pin Me Down and is a really amazing effect that reminds me of the checkerboard effect from A Game of You by Neil Gaiman; it's available at the mainstore in an entire panoply of colors. My lipstick is from Beautiful Freak, and is an astonishingly liquid and shiny design that I really love. I picked it up in the more unusual colors, and got a chance to pull out this incandescent teal for my TechAngel, to reflect my tainted wings. This is also available in the mainstore, kind of tucked back from the front door.

Trying to Get a Reading

My wings are from Death Row Designs, and they are astonishing. They don't physically move with a script; instead they are a selection of wings which appear and disappear when one flaps, with a final "up" position when they're off. My one complaint is that there is no way to freeze at the different levels, so I had to time my snaps very carefully to get the wing effects I wanted - for example, the top shot was a matter of second counting so that I could capture the down-and-back effect. I have no idea how difficult it would be to program that in, but I would love to be able to "freeze" the wings in each of the forms I doubt anyone but a photographer would want it, though, so maybe it's a lot of effort for not much payoff. The wings are available at the Death Row Designs store not only in the blue-and-teal I picked up at Futurewave, but in light, dark, and the special pack, which has wings like the one I'm wearing here. Finally, my dress - this amazing, amazing gown - is from MetaTheodora and is also available at the mainstore. I have such mixed feelings about this dress. I love the idea - the silhouette is so unique, and I adore the effect of the wires standing out from the body. I love how the sleeves and collar loop out at the ends, and the shape and form of the corset is amazing and unusual, especially how it looks machined and robotic - it struck me the moment I saw it even though I tend toward more organic designs in general. On the other hand, the shape and rigging of the skirt seemed really problematic to me. First of all, since I'm short, the folds bend oddly in response to that and look crumpled; this is a somewhat cool effect, since it looks like I'm wearing my stolen big sister's dress, but I don't think it's intentional. Second of all, the skirt is extremely flat. I've angled these pictures to minimize the effect, but the fall of skirt below is almost exactly vertical with minimal horizontal movement, and while it's not an issue from a front or back view, from the side it looks extremely odd. I'd love to see it a bit floofier and rounder in general to reflect the round of the corset-level, maybe even with some of the outflow of the arms. None of this changes how much I adore this dress, however; the ideas behind it are so fun and I am really drawn to unique and unusual designs. The texturing of it - which I didn't get into before - is also quite good. I love the metallic quality of the texturing, and the color choices - especially of the more flamboyant gowns, though the subtle effects are amazing on this monotone one - like this fawn-dapple on my butt, making me look like my dress is made out of melted aluminum that pockmarked during the drying stage.

Surveying Unexpected Terrain


( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: Underscore, Lyon
Array: Spyralle, Sensory Array Mode 24P2
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyeshadow: Mock, Pantone Fall eShadow
Eyebanding: Pin Me Down, One 1
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Beautiful Freak, Liquid Metal Lipstck
Wings: Death Row Designs, Devine Wings
Hands: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands
Nails: By Snow, Carbon Manicure
Dress: MetaTheodora, Star of Venus

Pose: aDORKable

Location: Siden V3 Survival horror - Elven/Pirate RPG
Light Settings: TOR, DUSK Fairytale Glow
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment