Saturday, May 10, 2014

2014 Fantasy Faire: Christmas in May

Reeds and Flowers

There is one day left to the Fantasy Faire, and there is so much to be done and so far we have gotten. There are nine total sims and this one, Medhir Woods, is the sixth I've visited. It's a lovely, simple village style of venue, with a simple gazebo overlooking the small pay in the heart of it. The lighting is quite red, and so I wasn't sure that my lovely gown - purchased on sim - from Apsara would work; it was a vibrant lime green that had caught my eyes as soon as it hit the feeds. It turned out simply lovely, however, with the red muting the green without completely overwhelming it. I particularly like the style of the dress - the halter-corset combination is one I'm fond off, and the long skirt was a lot of fun. One flaw is around the bottom of the skirt, though; sadly it "sticks" a bit too the feet and can make some odd, jagged edges depending on your pose; most of the time it's barely noticable. The colors are simply gorgeous, too; a rich olive, a bright lime and lemon, and hints of red worked into the complicated pattern of the bodice.I knew I had to have this as soon as I saw it, and now I'm so glad it's mine.

Tip Toes

I've had some difficulty finding shoes and oddments to augment my outfits, so I dug deep into other things I've been picking up along the way. The butterfly mask, for example, is from 22769 and is one of a variety of colors which I simply fell in love with. The design is particularly nice, with smaller butterflies perching on the skin and then a small stream of them fading away, and it also come sin a hand-held version if you want something for a Masque Ball. I paired it with a Wasabi Pills hair which would overlay it slightly, giving it a naturalistic look. I also love how the hair flows over the bodice, catching here and there without being overwhelming. My Dark Passions nails I picked up ages ago, but each outfit I would try them with didn't work out - finally, with this one, it was a perfect match, even to the bits of gold on the nails to echo the bright lemon of the dress. And finally my shoes, something I've had kicking around in my inventory for ages looking for a home, matched so perfectly they could have been made as a cohesive outfit; these pointy toed flats from Bliensen + MaiTai match in style and color perfectly, from the olive of the shoe which picks up the green of the bodice, to the delicate metal which echoes the darker shades of red worked in. I really like how the curve of metal over the toe and the toe itself don't line up - it's such a charming little detail.

Floating

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Hanako
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: De La Soul, Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Mask: 22769, Mes pensees sont des papillons
Eyeshadow: Elymode, Coal & Green
Lipstick: L. Fauna, Red 3
Wings: Illusions, Apsara
Hands & Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands & Feet
Nails: Dark Passions, Irish Tips
Clothing: Apsara, Kairavi
Bracelets: G Field, Floria
Shoes: Bliensen + MaiTai, Brennil

Pose: Grafica

Location: Medhir Woods
Light Settings: Sim Default
Water Settings: Sim Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment